Company: Resource Treatment Center
Posted on: May 6, 2021
- Provide accurate account information to patients, insurance
companies, third-party payers, and/or collection agencies as
- Contact the insurance company or third-party payer within 15
days of billing submission to ensure receipt of bill.
- Maintains billing system ensuring all bills are submitted
either electronically or by paper within corporate guidelines.
- Checks all bills, UB's and 1500's, for accurate information and
make any changes necessary for correct billing prior to bill
- Makes correct split bills when insurance verification requires
- Ensures the effective implementation of collection measures for
- Maintains work list and ensures an average of thirty (30)
accounts are worked daily and documented appropriately in the HMS
- Provides required follow-up on all responsible accounts
ensuring accounts are resolved within 120 days of discharge.
- Maintains patient accounts with appropriate documentation, i.e.
all contacts and conversations are documented.
- Submits requests to patient for any information needed to
submit a "clean" bill.
- Processes patient and insurance refunds accurately and within
30 days of final payment.
- Knowledgeable of specific billing requirements of the various
insurance carriers, i.e. Medicare, Medicaid, Champus, Blue Cross,
- Submits bill requests for any outstanding late charges and
makes appropriate corrections.
- Reports any system problem, billing issues, or filing back log
to supervisor to seek assistance as needed.
- Processes all insurance and patient requests in a timely
- Submits daily cash adjustment sheets with the appropriate
- Complete Insurance Verifications, relay information to Intake
and patients, and compile daily financial chartsOTHER FUNCTIONS
- Performs other essential duties as
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of job-related experience.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures with the ability
to operate most standard office equipment.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data
& information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to
interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all
levels; both internal and external.
- Exercises sound judgment in responding to inquiries;
understands when to route inquiries to next level.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior
attention to detail.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
within inflexible time frames.-- Ability to adapt to frequent
- Capable of working within established policies, procedures and
practices prescribed by the organization.
- English sufficient to provide and receive
instructions/directions.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Resource Treatment Center, Indianapolis , Billing Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!