Collections Representative (I,II,III) - Member Solutions Team
Company: Financial Center First Credit Union
Posted on: August 7, 2022
All employees hired after January 10 th 2022, are required to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination prior
to start date or receive an approved exemption as a condition of
employment. All applicants are required to pass a background check
as a condition of employment. __ PURPOSE: The primary purpose of
this position is to deliver high quality service to both internal
and external members, while limiting monetary loss to the Credit
Union ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Responsible for collecting on assigned accounts by telephone,
mail correspondence, or personal contact in order to reduce
delinquency, repossessions, and charge offs.
- Receiving members by telephone or in person, reviewing their
account and attempting to determine best solution for Credit Union
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and up to date activity reports
on delinquent accounts.
- Preparing and maintaining the records of collection activity on
- Researching accounts to identify activities that may affect the
status of a loan repayment such as payroll deduction stoppage and
following up with appropriate and approved action from
- Working with manager in identifying accounts with possibility
of rewriting to bring current.
- Being knowledgeable on the Credit Union loan policy, interest
rates, how to order payment books and how loans are set up and
maintained on the computer system.
- Assisting team by researching, processing and collecting of
Collateral Protection Insurance Policies, premiums and claims.
- Providing manager or designated collector information necessary
for the monthly Board Report.
- Requesting authority to repossess collateral when necessary
from manager and following up with appropriate and approved action
- Keeping manager advised on the status of all assigned accounts
and recommend further action on uncollected accounts, such as use
of attorneys, outside agencies or charge offs.
- Providing information on delinquent accounts to authorized
persons and work closely with other creditors in the collection of
amounts due the Credit Union.
- Providing other assistance as directed by the manager. REQUIRED
- High School Education or Equivalent
- Knowledge of credit and collection laws and have at least 4
years consumer loan collection experience. Mortgage collection
- Proficient usage of basic office equipment.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize multiple
responsibilities in a fast paced environment.
- Familiarity with USERS, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel or
demonstrate the ability to become proficient within 3 months.
- MSR I - Entry level position, less than 4 years consumer loan
- MSR II - Minimum 4 years consumer loan collection experience.
Must be able to efficiently perform in at least four areas of the
Member Solutions Department (See duties below).
- MSR III - Minimum 5 years consumer loan collection experience.
Must be able to efficiently perform in all areas of the Member
Solutions Department (See duties below).
- Preferred to have Experienced in the following: Loan
collection, Visa collection, NSF check/Courtesy Pay, CPI, Gap
Claims, Total loss claims, Charge offs, Special deposits, Court
Orders/Tax Levys and Garnishments, Credit Disputes, Foreclosure
processes. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work requires physical mobility
within the work area and the carrying of light items such as books,
computer listings and small stacks of paper. Contact with
delinquent members may result in stressful situations. Work is
performed in offices and meeting rooms. Limited field work or court
appearances may be required.
Keywords: Financial Center First Credit Union, Indianapolis , Collections Representative (I,II,III) - Member Solutions Team, Accounting, Auditing , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!