Tax Accounting Associate
Company: Vaco Staffing
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Vaco Indianapolis has partnered with a client on the North side
of Indianapolis in need of a Tax Accounting Associate. If you feel
you are a good fit for this role, apply today!Job Summary:The
Accounting Associate/Tax Accounting Associate is responsible for
preparing and reporting tax filings at the state and local level,
including the preparation of insurance premium taxes; sales and use
taxes; property taxes; as well as federal excise taxes as needed.
It also includes communicating with various state agencies
regarding the collection, payment and reporting of these taxes.
This position may also research and document the tax requirements
and processes, assuring compliance with state and local tax
- Prepares state and local tax returns reports and payments,
using appropriate tax software.
- Works with other tax department staff to ensure accuracy of
filings and compliance with multiple timetables and daily deadlines
for multiple companies under management.
- Supports and assists with the roll up of premium tax and/or
other state and local data for broader reports and filings.
- Responds to taxing authorities for inquiries related to tax
filings, preparations, and supporting documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Equivalent work experience preferred
- 0- 5 years' relative work experience, working with gross
receipts type tax returns (or other similar regulatory filings),
financial reports and basic accounting principles.
- Excellent oral, written, listening and presentation skills
including the ability to clearly articulate complex information to
others; must be able to communicate well with other departments, as
well as external clients and customers
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and issues of all
- Ability to work effectively with all departments and affiliates
to ensure integration of strategic goals and principles
- Knowledge of basic office and PC applications, including MS
Word and ExcelDemonstrated ability to utilize technology to work
more efficiently and productively.
Keywords: Vaco Staffing, Indianapolis , Tax Accounting Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!