Company: Morales Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Morales Corporate - Indianapolis, IN
About Morales Group:
Morales Group is a nationally recognized Indianapolis based MBE
staffing company. We draw upon the unique spirit and ability of a
globally diverse workforce to enhance our clients business agility,
productivity, and competitiveness. We believe we are here for a
purpose building better futures, one story at a time. Being part of
our story means making the world better. Learn more:
Why Morales Group?
We want you to be part of our mission to build better futures. We
believe in the relentless pursuit of growth and development of all
our teammates. We show courage by communicating candidly and
sharing bold ideas. We work humbly to create an inclusive and
trusting community. And we are relentless in our pursuit of being a
light to our clients and teammates.
If you are ready to jump on board with a high growth organization,
Morales Group is the place for you. Join our globally diverse
culture filled with deep camaraderie and passion for a bolder
future. We need hungry, humble and people-smart leaders to help
pave the way.
Morales Group is seeking an experienced controller who will provide
information, primarily financial in nature, about all Company
activities that will assist management, its shareholders and other
users in making educated economic decisions about the Company's
Essential Functions/Job Specific:
- Responsible for the daily activities of the Finance department
for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial information,
including monthly financial statements.
- Oversee a team of individuals as it relates to financial close,
accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections
- Manage the accounts payable process and ensure accurate and
timely processing of accounts payable, vendor management, cash flow
- Manage the accounts receivable process and ensure accurate and
timely management of all accounts receivable aging components
including billings, cash receipts application, and collection
- Responsible for identifying variances compared to expectations
and identifying areas for cost reduction
- Participate in weekly treasury decision making
- Manage monthly and quarterly bank compliance deliverables
- Manage corporate card program
- Coordinate and oversee various Company audits, including annual
financial audit, 401k audit, workers compensation audit, among
- Ensure shareholder and corporate income tax compliance,
including coordination of external tax team
- Establish and maintain systems and controls which verify the
integrity of all systems, processes, and data, and enhance the
- Heavily involved in Company operations, including the setup of
new customer accounts and incentive plan management
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, vendors, and
others in a courteous and professional manner
- Minimum of bachelors degree in accounting and 5+ years of
experience in accounting oversight related role
- CPA preferred
- Strong working knowledge of general ledger, accounts payable,
accounts receivable, collections, equity, tax management, and
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required (pivot tables,
- Ability to manage data flowing through multiple complex systems
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Strong managerial abilities
- Prioritize tasks efficiently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be accurate, concise, organized, and
- Experience with Vendor Management Systems (VMS) preferred
- Netsuite, Bullhorn, and PrismHR software experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, customers,
prospects, and vendors
- Ability to handle confidential information and material
concerning employees, wages, and company information
- Adaptability, flexibility, and the ability to maintain
effectiveness during change
Morales Group Benefits:
- Health insurance Medical, vision, dental and life insurance
- Disability Insurance Short-term and long-term coverage.
- Paid Baby Bonding Time because family is important.
- Competitive PTO
- 401k Plan - for saving for the future.
- Professional Development From our True-U partnership to monthly
workshops to continuing education tuition reimbursement program we
believe in developing our team.
- A culture of Giving Back 16 Paid Volunteer Hours
- Passport Program we want to keep the team engaged in the
culture weve built.
What we value:
Show up with no Ego and serve others.
Be willing to step out for what is right and use your voice.
Be a light
Shine bright when there is darkness.
Morales Group provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: Morales Group, Indianapolis , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!