Company: Teachers Credit Union
Posted on: May 29, 2023
We are searching for an experienced Auditor. - Indiana -Hybrid
-(Location: Flexible - Hybrid)Essential FunctionUnder the direction
of the Audit Manager, this position is responsible for performing
audit activities designed to assess the adequacy of the internal
controls, records, policies, procedures, and processes in place at
the credit union. Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- -Performs audits of complex areas and processes, including
regulatory compliance audits, requiring application of specialized
knowledge gained through experience or specific study.
- Under the direction of the Audit Manager, provides guidance and
assistance to less experienced auditors relating to audit processes
- Summarizes audit results and communicates audit results (both
written and verbal) to the appropriate level of management.
- Conducts special reviews, projects, and investigations as
requested by the Audit Manager and the VP-Internal Audit.
- Makes recommendations to Internal Audit management concerning
improvements to audit policies and procedures, risk analysis, and
- Performs other duties as necessary. Specific Skills
- -Computer spreadsheet, database, and audit software
- Analytical skills, ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Developing supervisory and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Proficiency in application of internal audit theory, standards,
procedures, and techniques.
--- - - - - - - -Proficiency in accounting principles and
- -Accountable for the accuracy and quality of the audit process,
validity of research and analysis, and the overall effectiveness in
helping to achieve unit and organizational objectives.
- Accountable for maintaining the confidentiality of member,
employee, and other sensitive credit union information.
- Accountable for Performance Management goals as agreed upon
with supervisor.Work Environment
- -The physical work environment is a hybrid combination of an
onsite (in-office) location and offsite (remote) locations. The
onsite and offsite scheduling mix is intended to be flexible and
will be subject to approval by the employee's manager.
- The onsite work environment is typical of a standard
professional office environment. The noise level is normally
- Any offsite work location should be appropriately designed and
secured based on the responsibilities of the position.
- The employee's duties may require limited travel to other
locations and/or branch offices to perform audit fieldwork. These
locations are also typical of a standard professional office
environment. The noise level is normally low.
- No overnight travel related to above job requirements is
- Overnight travel may be required to meet continuing education
requirements related to professional certifications.
Education & Experience
- -BS in Accounting or related business field required.
- Professional certification required; CIA or comparable
- Requires working knowledge of financial institution audit
practices and systems acquired through five to seven years of
progressive internal audit experience, preferably in a financial
institution or accounting firm setting.Exempt
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
Keywords: Teachers Credit Union, Indianapolis , Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...