Posted on: November 20, 2023
Under the guidance and oversight of the Chief Compliance
Officer, the Internal Auditor will assist the Director of
Compliance and Director of Quality with the development,
implementation, auditing, and monitoring of quality assurance
processes throughout the agency to improve governance, risk
management, and internal control processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Perform audits of 3rd party contracts to ensure contractual
requirements are met.
- Analyze current organizational processes to increase compliance
risk mitigation through auditing processes.
- Prepare written reports of enterprise-wide audit and monitoring
findings to include recommendations.
- Coordinate, monitor, compile, and review responses to federal,
State and other external audits (e.g., CMS Payment Error Rate
Measurement PERM audit) or other types of inquiries (HHS OIG
- Review and collaborate with Fiscal on the findings of the
annual financial audit to ensure corrective action, if applicable,
is met successfully
- Assist enterprise-wide with QA check points as needed.
- Demonstrate familiarity and understanding of the Uniform
Guidance pertaining to federal grants.
- Assist in coordinating responses to program and financial audit
findings by external auditors, monitors, State evaluators, etc
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of overall program guidelines and
- Assist the Compliance team in suspected fraud, waste or abuse
investigations by compiling audit findings, including review of
payments and supporting documentation, to arrive at final case
- Support entire audit process through resolution and make
recommendations based on audit findings.
- Facilitate timely and accurate coordination between program
integrity and provider enrollment functions, with a focus on
enhancing program integrity to eliminate vulnerabilities in the
enrollment process which may present a risk to program
- Demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving
- Establish priorities, manage deadlines, and implement new
policies and processes.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills with the ability to
manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrate effective communication and resolve issues with
professionalism and sensitivity.
- Travel locally as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
No supervisor responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree in any field from accredited college or
university; critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and
ability to read, interpret, and apply related compliance and HIPAA
regulations are required. Experience with corporate healthcare
compliance, healthcare regulatory guidelines related to fraud,
waste, abuse, financial audits, healthcare certification in privacy
or compliance, and working with the client population served is
Keywords: CICOA, Indianapolis , Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!