Night Audit Supervisor
Company: The Westin Indianapolis
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Location: US-IN-Indianapolis# of Openings: 1Category: Front DeskPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the city's conventions and business travelers keep us busy. Our 575 guestrooms and suites and 39,000 square feet of meeting space provides the opportunity for you to find a perfect fit for your career and continuous opportunities to advance within the property. The Westin Indianapolis offers subsided parking and bus passes for all employees, generous recognition and incentive programs, travel discounts, and a fun work environment. Come build your own career path at the Westin Indianapolis!
Supervise the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls and compliance with hotel standards. Coordinate with other departments (i.e. security, housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Supervise the night audit/hotel associates; review and verify daily work.
- Supervise the balancing, reconciliation and closing of various daily accounts and prepare the daily statements to provide accurate, timely information to management while ensuring proper controls are maintained.
- Control the Night Audit Bank.
- Review timecards on a daily basis and complete daily and weekly/bi-weekly payroll reports.
- Perform functions of Night Auditors as needed to provide coverage and ensure completion of work in a timely, accurate manner.
- Prepare the daily activity sheet, report all noteworthy events and serious accounting violations.
- Respond to customer issues, complaints, or problems in a quick, efficient manner to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality service.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a 10-key.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106831410
Keywords: The Westin Indianapolis, Indianapolis , Night Audit Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!