Senior C#/.Net Developer
Company: Brite systems
Posted on: September 14, 2019
Brite Systems is one of the leading IT companies in the
Indianapolis area. We are hiring a talented .Net Developer to join
our team. If you're excited to be part of a strong collaborative
culture, Brite Systems is the place for you to grow your
This position will be working at The Department of Local Government
Finance (DLGF) as a C#/.Net Developer with SQL and Oracle Database
Developer. This position will work closely with department
leadership and in collaboration with other senior members of the
team to help design and develop solutions for new and existing
applications as well as provide guidance to other team members.
This is a full lifecycle position that will have a large impact on
the Information Systems Division and the goals of the
- Perform system analysis and programing duties as an experienced
programmer in the Information Systems Division within the
- Support internal and external users of local government finance
(Internal users include: DLGF employees, State Budget Agency
employees, Department of Education, State Board of Accounts,
Auditor Sate, and Legislative Services. External users include:
local officials, businesses, academic researches, tax consultants,
and the general public. Data includes: tax rates and budgets for
the state's 2,300+ taxing units, along, real and personal property
assessed values and credit, deduction, and exemption for
approximately 2,000 taxing districts.)
- Design, code, and debug new application programs and/or
enhancements for existing programs.
- Coordinate with agency management and users to define
application software requirements and establish
- Coordinate with users to define system requirements, establish
priorities, and guide application software development.
- Utilize advanced reporting and database integration
- Evaluate effectiveness of current systems in terms of agency
business processes and data retrieval needs; recommend and
implement changes to enhance agency operations.
- Prepare application software specifications.
- Serve as a project leader of Gateway software development and
provide technical direction to other staff as needed on the
project. If needed, the ASAP Senior will assign tasks, mentor, and
provide technical guidance to other developers.
- Prepare activity and progress reports.
- Develop technical and user documentation in support of software
- Prepare and document responses to public information request
for agency data.
- Assist management with defining and planning for long-term
- Extensive technical judgement and analytical ability in
determining method of application development/enhancement and in
- Communicate daily with all levels of agency staff to resolve
application problems, provide application development/support, and
to coordinate plans.
- Frequent contact with local officials, other state agencies,
and the general public to provide information and/or training.
Particularly on Gateway and other budget/finance programs.
- Perform related work as required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related
- Minimum 3 years prior development experience in C# and
- Minimum 3 years prior relational database experience with SQL
- Ability to write and/or modify complex computer programs,
macros, subroutines, and utilities in a variety of languages (C#,
SQL, Oracle, Visual Basic, Microsoft Access, .Net).
- Knowledge of relational database systems, including Oracle and
Microsoft SQL Server.
- Familiarity with SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server
- Strong application documentation skills, both technical and
- Resolute attitude toward problem solving, troubleshooting, and
- Ability to reverse engineer existing systems.
- Knowledge of application development standards and
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software capabilities and
- Thorough knowledge of software test methodologies.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to apply theories, principles, and methodologies to
existing computer software and hardware.
- Ability to read and understand complicated technical manuals on
programming and systems analysis to resolve problems and keep
abreast of rapidly advancing technology.
- Ability to develop project schedules and assign tasks to
effectively allocate resources.
- Thorough knowledge of agency business processes and
- Experience with coding languages, consuming file uploads,
creating file exports, and job queuing.
- Experience with large datasets, complex stored procedures, and
- Experience being the lead resource on a project.
- Experience with taxation principles, terminology, and law.
Technological Skills: C#, ASP.Net, SQL Database, SSRS, SSIS,
Microsoft Access, Oracle, Visual Basic
About Brite Systems:
Brite Systems is an Information Technology company specializing in
consulting and software development that has been successfully
implementing solutions for the public and private sector since
2006. Brite Systems confidently brings the right people, customized
approach, and successful track record to each opportunity. To learn
more, visit our website.
How to Apply:
Click on "Easy Apply" above.
Brite Systems is and Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age,
marital status, protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Brite systems, Indianapolis , Senior C#/.Net Developer, Accounting, Auditing , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!