Under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, responsible for the
placement of purchase orders, coordinating delivery schedules,
insuring a quality product, and negotiation of pricing for
materials and services.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Provides timely placement of purchase orders relative to
requisition requirements to insure a continuous flow of purchased
materials to meet the MRO, Completion, and production
2. Insures that the vendors meet on-time deliveries with quality
products and equipment, provide competitive pricing and are a
qualified and approved source.
3. Responds to the vendor's production and delivery problems with
the proper interdepartmental assistance from Engineering, Planning,
Production Control, Quality Assurance, Inventory Management and
4. Monitors shortage reporting to provide vendor expediting
interface for critical purchased material requirements.
5. Provides and continuously updates purchasing lead times for
daily materials management, insuring adequate vendor response to
production schedules and reschedules.
6. Takes prompt action when vendor commitments are not in line with
the production requirements.
7. Maintains objective performance data for vendor findings.
8. Provides timely management of non-conformance reports to improve
overall quality and provides data for corrective action and the
reduction of rejections.
9. Reports and documents all cost saving and cost avoidance
activities and reviews with management significant cost
10. Reviews and resolves all invoices that deviate from the
acknowledged contract's purchase price or in lieu of confirmed
11. Performs any staff work or cost/price analysis that may be
12. Observes company rules and regulations, including housekeeping
and proper use of safety methods and the safe operation of
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Three (3) years of industrial purchasing experience
2. B.S./B.A. in Purchasing, Business, Marketing or related field
preferred or equivalent experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. This position requires intermediate knowledge of business
practices, procedures, and procurement processes at a level
normally acquired through experience on the job and education.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.