Online Merchandise Photographer - Franklin Road eCommerce
Company: Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Starting at $16.00 per hour! Are you looking for a career with
Goodwill outside of the typical retail or warehouse setting that is
fast-paced, dynamic, and a unique employee experience? Do you love
to learn? Does the thought of handling pop culture objects,
great-grandmother's dishes, vintage toys, and designer purses make
you excited? Would you enjoy working in a green environmentally
friendly workspace? ShopGoodwill.com is the first ecommerce
platform created, owned, and operated by a nonprofit organization.
Today, more than 130 Goodwill organizations from around the United
States and Canada list and auction unique items on the site,
including art, antiques, collectibles, apparel, jewelry,
electronics and more. Shopgoodwill.com provides an engaging online
shopping destination to further Goodwill's mission of helping
people who are facing barriers to find jobs. The Online Merchandise
Photographer assists the management team in reaching the
operational goals of the site by organizing product layout and
executing digital images of the product that will go on the
ClickGoodwill website. Duties include preparing and arranging the
product and taking photos. The environment is production- and
safety-focused with a culture that values mutual respect, support,
growth, positive team spirit, and family. All positions have hourly
quotas to reach. Hours of Operation: 7AM-6PM, Monday through Friday
and Saturday, 7AM-3:30PM There are a variety of working shifts
available which also may include occasional overtime hours. Example
Duties and Activities
- Effectively prepares and arranges the product for the photos.
Accurately represents products in photographs.
- Utilizes Android Smartphones to capture images.
- Follows all process instructions accurately for taking specific
- Maintains a safe and orderly work area.
- Meets and surpasses hourly production quotas.
- Cross-trains in other areas to build skill base and value
within the department. Required Competencies
- Degree and Credential Requirements-NONE! We value candidates
who can demonstrate capability and articulate how prior experiences
will help them contribute. We believe in continuous learning and
- Industry Expertise - Has worked in a
fast-paced/production-oriented environment with a focus on process,
safety, and quality. Is adept at reaching and surpassing
quantity/quality quotas while adhering to process and safety
- Online Merchandising Aptitude - Is able to arrange creative
displays on the company website to attract purchasing consumers and
generate revenues and increase profitability. Not afraid to make
conclusions based on trends, research, and/or feedback to
continually improve displays.
- Photography Ability - Is proficient with a digital camera and
able to compose and take photos with an Android device and/or
- Informed Decision-Making - Identifies and comprehends issues,
problems, and opportunities; compares data from different sources
to draw conclusions; uses effective approaches for choosing a
course of action or developing appropriate solutions; takes action
that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable
- Communication Skills - Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas
effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal
communication skills, as well as listening skills to comprehend
customers' needs. Delivers information in person, in writing, and
in a digital world. Possesses legible handwriting.
- Teamwork - Works well with others and makes valued
contributions to the outputs of others in order to assist the team
or project to achieve the required outputs.
- Ethical - Adheres to procedures and protocol, including
maintaining confidentiality in passwords, logging on and off
procedures, and adherence to Goodwill's values.
- Attention to Detail - Attends to details and pursues quality in
accomplishing tasks, including safety awareness.
- Technical Knowledge- Has proficient knowledge of G Suite, MS
Office, and internet navigation. Is able to type 50WPM or
- Continuous Learning - Takes initiative in stimulating and
enhancing personal knowledge, skills, and abilities. Remains open
and willing to receive and apply feedback to continually improve
and advance one's skills. Good retention and ability to apply
learning to a future set of parameters.
- Strong Work Ethic - Demonstrates a high degree of
professionalism, has a drive to succeed at any task, produces
consistent and high-quality work, is organized and timely, values
good attendance and punctuality, and is able to work with minimal
supervision. Other Requirements: Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential job
- Visual Acuity- Has close, distance, peripheral, color vision
abilities, depth perception, and is able to adjust focus.
Additionally, must be able to work with overhead fluorescent
- Minimum of 18 years of age Benefits: Full-time employees may
participate in a comprehensive benefits program that includes:
- Continuing education and leadership development as well as
- Comprehensive health plan, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Company provided life insurance
- Nationally recognized preventive health and wellness
- Section 125 pretax health spending account, dependent care
spending account and premiums
- Retirement options with partial company match %
- Employee discount (Goodwill retail and additional external
- Mental health services with up to 15 free counseling sessions
for you and any family members
- Free nurse health coaching services on site
- Pay on Demand options available
Keywords: Goodwill of Central & Southern Indiana, Indianapolis , Online Merchandise Photographer - Franklin Road eCommerce, Advertising , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!