The Senior Structures Engineer is responsible for design,
documentation, and installation tasks on Transport Category
Aircraft for Interior Completion STC projects and smaller
modifications for Executive Aircraft undergoing Maintenance
Operations under our Part 145 delegation. The incumbent will be
responsible for the development of organizational standards,
methods and processes.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Creates complex design of aircraft primary and secondary
structures to meet customer criteria, quality standards, FAA
requirements, budget, and project schedules using Computer Aided
2. Designs repairs for aircraft structure that are beyond the scope
of repair documentation
3. Reviews service bulletins and airworthiness directives for
applicability to fleet, and generates engineering documentation for
the accomplishment of structural inspections and modifications.
4. Develops and administers budget and project schedules.
5. Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering
6. May perform as functional "lead" for group on specific
7. Generates Requests For Quotes, RFQs, for elements of engineering
that may be outsourced.
8. Manages technical subcontracts to ensure technical scope is
achieved within schedule.
9. Reviews and approves designs generated by structures
10. Interacts with internal and external customers.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor?s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering or the
2. Five (5) or more years of experience working on structural
modifications and provisions, preferably for large VIP transport
3. Valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AutoCAD preferred).
2. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience
3. Expert knowledge of industry design and documentation
4. Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing
5. Budget and project development experience required.
6. Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
7. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
8. Strong time-management and organizational skills.
9. Good presentation skills