Provides all levels of engineering drawings related to interior
cabin furnishing and components in support of VIP aircraft
completions. Mentors other engineers on department techniques and
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Develops advanced level design data packages for interior cabin
furnishing in support of VIP aircraft completions.
2. Utilizes airworthiness requirements and the project
specification to create drawings.
3. Creates and reviews engineering drawings, specifications,
service bulletins, reports, etc.
4. Performs research and design relating to the production of
engineering drawings necessary for installation and completion of
custom aircraft interiors.
5. Prepares advanced level interior cabin furnishings reports,
Engineering Authorizations (EA?s), drawings, and EO?s.
6. Develops advanced level interior cabin furnishings modifications
and installation work instructions, procedures and
7. Mentor and train less experienced engineers within department to
increase overall efficiency of department.
8. Identifies discrepancies and/or problems with drawings before
releasing to production and implements correction action to ensure
the timely release.
9. Provides advanced level technical support and engineering
disposition in order to resolve aircraft engineering/interior cabin
10. Using company procedures, applies engineering knowledge to
resolve complex issues.
11. Maintains advanced level awareness of FAA regulations and
required compliance of FARs, ADs, SBs.
12. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work
meets completion aircraft requirements.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelor?s Degree in Mechanical or Structural Aerospace
Engineering or comparable.
2. 8+ years? experience in Furnishings, Design or Structural
3. Familiarity with the Supplemental Type Certificate (STC)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and
2. Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) governing
aircraft certification Preferred.
3. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English
4. Computer Aided Drafting/Design (AutoCAD required); Solidworks
5. Aviation background and electrical systems experience
6. Strong knowledge of industry mechanical systems and
7. Experience with electrical systems and components.
8. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
9. Strong time-management and organizational skills.