Senior Engineer 1 Flight Sciences
Posted on: April 9, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Flight Sciences Engineer is
responsible for analytical substantiation for Large Interior
Completion STC projects for Transport Category Aircraft and smaller
modifications for Executive Aircraft undergoing Maintenance
Operations under our Part 145 delegation. The incumbent will also
be responsible for supporting the development of organizational
standards, methods and processes. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB
FUNCTIONS:1. Generates, coordinates, and reviews structural
substantiation reports and associated analyses in support of
Interior Modification STCs for Large Transport category Aircraft
(14 CFR Part 25).2. Reviews and coordinates departmental review of
engineering drawings.3. Supports creation of decompression analysis
layouts and coordinates implementation of results of analysis
developments.4. Supports analysis and structural substantiation
needs related to the Maintenance business enterprise for 14 CFR
Part 25 executive aircraft under our Part 145 delegation.5.
Develops quotes and tracks budget/schedule within the Flight
Sciences Department.6. Provides design guidance and feedback to
other engineering personnel.7. Mentors less experienced engineers
within the department.8. Generates Requests For Quotes, RFQs, for
analysis that may be outsourced9. Manages technical subcontracts to
ensure technical scope and quality is achieved within schedule.10.
Interfaces with structural, mechanical systems, interior, avionics
and electrical design engineers to ensure certifiable designs for
all structural aspects and generates the associated substantiating
analysis and/or testing required. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS,
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
- Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace, Aeronautical, or Mechanical
Engineering or the equivalent.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience working in aircraft
completions industry on transport category aircraft and the
associated Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification of
all associated aircraft installation designs, including but not
limited to Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) work, structural
substantiation analysis and report development, aircraft
modification designs under14 CFR Part 25 STC projects, and test
plans and test report authoring and review.3. Valid Passport with
the ability to travel in and out of the United States4. Desire to
become a company Designated Engineering Representative (DER) for
structures. REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs) governing
- Strong understanding of aircraft structural installations (both
interior and airframe).
- Strong command of classical hand-analysis techniques.Proficient
with the following software:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet
- NASTRAN/FEMAP(basic user skill, proficiency a plus)
- AutoCAD (basic user skill, proficiency a plus)
- SolidWorks (basic user skill, proficiency a plus)
- Visual Basic or other coding skills a plus
- Strong knowledge of Finite Element Modeling and Analysis
- Ability to interpret design drawings of various aircraft
modifications and identify design changes required to ensure that
sound load paths and structural integrity are maintained.
- Must be able to communicate technical issues in an assertive
and tactful manner.
- Ability to generate thorough, detailed, and timely structural
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally in a team
- Strong communication, problem-solving, time-management, and
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described here is
representative of those required by an employee to perform the
essential functions of this job with or without reasonable
The office building where this position works is a typical office
environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse
environmental issues in the immediate vicinity of the work station.
The employee in this position will experience occasional outdoor
exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements when called upon
to locate personnel working inside or outside of a Hangar.
Keywords: Comlux, Indianapolis , Senior Engineer 1 Flight Sciences, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!