Associate Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Allison Transmission Inc.
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Allison Transmission is a Federal Contractor and therefore
subject to an Executive Order which requires all Allison employees
to be fully vaccinated. All candidates must provide proof of COVID
vaccination as a condition of employment and prior to their start
date, unless eligible for a medical or religious exemption for
which they are granted a reasonable accommodation.
Associate Manufacturing Engineer
JOIN THE TEAM THAT'S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100
years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology
that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James
Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for
Allison today, we're driving progress everywhere because we employ
top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for a
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements
optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in
accordance with product specifications and quality standards;
recommends and implements improvements to production processes,
methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or
revised products. Responsible for the design and/or testing of
tooling and equipment and/or planning the manufacturing processes
in a designated area of the manufacturing plant.
* Assist in the development of manufacturing systems with the focus
on continuous improvement related to quality and throughput
capability of production equipment.
* Work is of a technical nature where decisions are made within
general practices and procedures, where supervision is available to
handle unusual situations.
* Direct the design, development, and/or improvement of
* Study product requirements; researching, designing, modifying,
and testing manufacturing methods and equipment.
* Apply knowledge of product design fabrication, assembly, tooling,
* Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods;
testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing
standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
* Occasional instruction, training, and assignment of work to a
small group of employees.
* Analyze process elements for improved manufacturing
* Analyze equipment deficiencies for manufacturing
* Provide technical support for specific plant operations.
* Physical presence in the workplace is an essential function
* Implements and actively supports the plant and corporate safety
policies and initiatives
* Implement safety and good housekeeping standards
* Other duties as assigned.
* Education Requirement: Bachelor Degree or equivalent
* High level of analytical ability to solve complex problems.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Knowledge of tooling, manufacturing process, and manufacturing
* High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with
* Understanding of machine and manufacturing processes.
* Experience in part processing using various grinding, turning,
machining center equipment.
* CNC programming experience with a thorough knowledge of machine
* Project management experience with regard to machine procurement,
cost analysis, and process validation.
* Direct manufacturing experience with at least one of the
following component groups: rotating and reciprocating components,
gears, and/or prismatic parts.
* 5-7 years of experience required
* Experience working with Unigraphics and other CAD programs.
* Experience in gear/spline manufacturing, gear geometry,
analytical gear evaluation
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have
opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race,
color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran
requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any
of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.
Please note that Allison Transmission will make an offer of
employment only to individuals who have applied for a position
using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent
offers of employment. Allison Transmission will not solicit money
or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Allison Transmission Inc., Indianapolis , Associate Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!