Posted on: January 16, 2022
Applications Engineer -21003425
About Praxair Surface Technologies
Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a Linde company, offers a
comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies
to the aviation, energy, and other industries. By continuously
advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve
environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend
component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce
operating costs and produce high-quality products.
The Applications Engineer plans, organizes, and executes the
applications development activities necessary to enable PST's
Operations facilities to provide services/products to customers.
This individual provides leadership and technical guidance for the
identification, planning, and execution of new customer
applications. Primary responsibilities include:
- Facilitates New Product Introduction through the most efficient
and effective means to the Operations team
- Organizes and creates documentation necessary for new
applications, including job instructions, job routers, job safety
analyses, standard operating procedures, etc.
- Leads Continuous Improvement initiatives identified by the
business to improve productivity and/or customer satisfaction
- Supports Sales team and assist with winning new business
through interpretation and assessment of customer specification and
blueprints to supply competitive quotes
- Works with Quality organization to reduce Cost of Poor Quality
(COPQ) and achieve acceptable first pass yield
- Monitors and reports spending of projects against budget
- Develops and Maintains expertise with the process equipment in
Operations. Establishes process parameters necessary to set up new
applications with an emphasis on repeatable and efficient
- Troubleshoots manufacturing equipment, part and process issues
with Operations and Maintenance teams to ensure
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Engineering Technology
- Tooling Development and AutoCAD proficiency
- Personal computer and quality controls systems proficiency
- Experience with ABB Robotics
- Proficiency in robot programming
- Six Sigma trained, green belt or black belt
- Experience in project management including planning,
procurement, and execution of a project/or multiple projects, with
defined start and a defined finish.
- Experience in thermal spray coatings application
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms
Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position
must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card
holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our
employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and
resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about
their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason
prohibited by applicable law.
Level to be determined commensurate with experience.
Keywords: Linde, Indianapolis , Applications Engineer, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!