Civil or Structural Engineer (P.E. Required)
Company: Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Do you like to find out how things work and why things are
broken? Are you ready to get out from behind a desk and out into
the field? Are you looking for a flexible schedule and an
attainable performance bonus? Then Rimkus is the place for YOU!
Rimkus is a Forensic Engineering company. We use reverse
engineering to find out WHY there was a failure. We are currently
seeking a Civil or Structural Engineer for our Indianapolis
District area to provide forensic, consulting services requiring
civil/structural engineering expertise for insurance, legal,
industrial, and other clients. In this job, you will be assessing
and determining the cause and origin of structural failures and
construction defects. Responsibilities also include providing oral
and written reports of findings and, when needed, expert testimony.
The role will require managing multiple projects. You may also
evaluate and review design and field engineering changes during
construction; ensuring work quality and adherence to
specifications; as well as performing other related duties as
assigned. Candidates from other cities and states will be
considered, relocation paid. Must be willing to live within thirty
minutes of Indianapolis. This is a remote position that offers a
flexible work schedule and opportunities for career growth along
with a, competitive salary, quarterly incentive, and excellent
benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life
insurance, a matching 401K, paid holidays, and PTO. A sign on bonus
will be provided for direct applicants only (not applicable for
agency candidates or those referred by current employees). The day
to day will involve:
- Performing forensic assignments within the field of
civil/structural engineering expertise based upon a scope of work
and budget prepared by the consultant and agreed upon by the client
in advance of performing the work.
- Field Investigations: Studying and determining the cause and
origin of construction defects or structural failures.
- Producing written forensic reports detailing the causes and
origins of construction defects and/or structural failures.
- Managing multiple projects and coordinating geotechnical and
other support to produce client reports in timely manner.
- Ensuring that procedure is being followed and checking on
safety features of the project during the time it is being
- Using many different equations, applications, and figures to
ensure the proper procedure application. Items that you must take
part in and use may include chemical testing applications, drafting
and design software, electrical test devices and equipment, land
surveying techniques and the metric system, to name just a few
- Following land use laws and regulations every step of the
- Possibly serving as team leader or project manager which may
involve supervision and/or performance evaluation of associate team
- The ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually
beneficial client relationships. To be successful you will
- BS Civil or Structural Engineering
- PE License (required)
- 5-15 years' experience
- Project Engineering/Management and/or Field Investigation
experience is required
- A high level of analytical skills. This work requires continual
attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect
data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- To be able to interact and communicate with clients at all
levels (e.g., internal, and external)
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications
including but not limited to, Microsoft Office Applications and
computer assisted engineering and design software Language and
writing skills needed will include:
- The ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific
and technical reports or journals, financial reports, and legal
- Writing scopes-of-work, budget estimates, schedules, reports of
findings, proposals, general correspondence, and other technical
- The ability to respond to inquiries from internal and external
clients and effectively present information to top management,
clients, public groups and/or boards of directors. Physical demands
and work environment: Physical demands/environmental
characteristics will include but are not limited to the
- Work is performed both in an office setting and at outside
locations (i.e., Client's office, industrial, construction, and/or
- Employee is frequently required to stand, walk on steep slope
roofs, sit, climb ladders, bend, climb inside attics and crawl
under homes and tunnels, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, hear,
and drive a motor vehicle to job sites.
- Employee may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Clear vision and depth perception are also necessary. Rimkus is
an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and will make all
employment-related decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc., Indianapolis , Civil or Structural Engineer (P.E. Required), Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!