Protection & Control Engineer III (REMOTE)
Company: TRC Companies, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
- THIS IS A REMOTE POSITIONTRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in
groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the
1960's, is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm
that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and
infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in
industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial
concept to delivery and operation.General Description Of
PositionPerform a lead role in the engineering design, preparation
of specifications or field engineering related to assigned
engineering projects under the supervision of the incumbent's
immediate supervisor or other designated professional
engineer.Essential Functions Of Position
- Perform engineering work using judgement in evaluating,
selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, and
criteria for various engineering systems of varying size and medium
to high complexity under the direction of the incumbent's
supervisor or other professional engineer. Activities shall
include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Preliminary design, budgetary estimating, and scheduling.
- Detailed design, estimating, and scheduling.
- Equipment specification, proposal evaluation and
- Engineering calculations to assure safety and performance of
equipment and systems.
- Application of appropriate Engineering subject matters and
- Interdisciplinary interface for constructability and
conformance to project requirements.
- Coordinating design engineering and equipment delivery to meet
- Acquisition of on-site measurements and other data to
accomplish the design or enable the evaluation of equipment
- Checking completed job for quality, adequacy of design, and
- Monitor the construction of various electrical systems as
assigned to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
Activities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Monitor construction work to assure conformance with plans and
- Monitor work to assure compliance with applicable engineering
and construction codes and practices.
- Monitor construction schedules to ensure timely completion of
- Direct changes to the work when requested by the Project
- Carry out programs for the testing of materials, equipment, or
plant systems at the direction of the Project Engineer.
- Aid in evaluation and approval of contractor's invoices.
- Aid in receiving, inspection, and approval of equipment and
- Act as Project Engineer, when required, on projects of moderate
size and complexity.
- Perform complex studies and economic analyses of engineering
- Prepare reports and feasibility studies for submission to
- Provide budget and schedule information to Project Engineer,
Project Manager, and Management.
- Serve as Project Engineer on assigned projects.
- Be proficient with the Company's design, construction, QA/QC,
and safety standards and the Company document control system.
- Be proficient applying Standards, both National and Local. (For
example, ANSI/IEEE, National Electric Safety Code, ASTM, AIC,
- Shall promote complete and accurate record keeping and be
responsible for the quality of all work performed.
- Shall keep informed of current developments in the areas of
- May assist in the professional development, training, and
evaluation of department personnel.
- May be required to travel to support work.
- Other duties as required.Position Requirements
- Shall be an Engineer II (Engineer) or the equivalent with a
minimum of five (5) years of appropriate experience in the
designated engineering field
- Shall possess a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from
an accredited engineering program or the equivalent amount of
experience in the designated engineering field
- Possession of a Professional Engineering License is
- Initiate and maintain the PDE Engineering Qualification
template for the appropriate Job Title, with satisfactory
completion of the requisite sectionsTRC is an equal opportunity
employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are
committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Keywords: TRC Companies, Inc., Indianapolis , Protection & Control Engineer III (REMOTE), Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!