Senior Cloud Engineer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About G2 - The CompanyG2 (http://www.g2.com/) is where you go
for software. When you join us, you join the global team behind the
largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5
million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions
based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every
day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees,
propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and
ends with compassion and heart? Youve come to the right place.G2 is
going through exciting growth! Weve recently secured our Series D
funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and
develop our product and people. Read about it here
(https://culture.g2.com/news/g2-series-d-announcement) !About G2 -
Our PeopleG2 was founded to create a place where people will love
to work. We have big goals, and are grounded in our PEAK valueshigh
performance and entrepreneurship, while also being authentic and
kind. Employees are led by conscious leaders who are connected by
shared commitments and 7 core leadership principles. We celebrate
each other's successes, forgive mistakes, and support one another
during challenging times. Together, we will grow and reach the top,
while staying true to our values, ethics, and people.As we foster
our high-performance and entrepreneurial culture, we strive to
create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true
calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people.
Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and
experiences, and thats what makes our G2 community strong and
vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work,
and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives
charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).We
support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as
flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here
(http://culture.g2.com/benefits) to learn more about our
benefits.G2 is excited to offer a remote work environment for our
employees, unless otherwise stated in the job description. If you
are interested and eligible to partake in a hybrid office plan,
please ask your recruiter for more information.About The RoleAt G2,
we are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to manage our cloud
solutions, working with our tech teams with a strong emphasis on
distributed systems, software development, security and networking
systems. This role will be critical in setting up how we deliver
and manage solutions in our cloud environments to deliver
incredible value to software buyers and sellers.Our
highly-collaborative Platform team combines creativity, curiosity,
and passion to solve business problems and to continuously get
better at our craft.If you wish to join a team whose kindness and
authenticity will help you grow, please apply so we can start our
conversation today!In This Role, You Will:
- Architect infrastructure modules to enable product development
teams to reach new levels of automation and delivery.
- Guide the direction of cloud infrastructure and train others on
the tools that are available.
- Grow, maintain, and optimize our production, staging and test
infrastructure-as-code in Terraform and hosted on AWS.
- Work with our Information Security team to implement various
controls, resolve infrastructure vulnerabilities, and develop a
proactive security monitoring and mitigation strategy.
- Optimize our Continuous Deployment workflows to improve cycle
- Improve upon the logging and monitoring systems for capacity,
alerting and performance.
- Build out our data infrastructure and support our data
- Ensure local development is frictionless to provide a
satisfying developer experience.
- Contribute to building a culture of infrastructure-as-code and
self-help toolingMinimum Qualifications:We realize applying for
jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you dont check all the
boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 4+ years of experience in Cloud/DevOps Engineering.
- Demonstrated learning in software development skills.
- Must have experience with Cloud IaaS or PaaS (AWS).
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience with multi-tier distributed systems involving load
balancers, caching layers, real-time event processing, and
- A basic understanding of scripting languages, such as
- Eagerness to take on responsibility and capability to work
creatively with a team.
- Excellent collaboration skills, ability to influence across
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen
sense of customer service.
- Strong time management skills.What Can Help Your Application
Stand Out:Statistics show that many underrepresented groups
including women will not apply if they don't meet all requirements
in the job description. To increase clarity for all applicants,
while the items listed under requirements are firm, the items
listed below are truly only a bonus. We ask that you set aside your
concerns and to apply regardless of how many of these you
fulfill.Our tech stack consists of Python, Lambda, AWS, Ruby on
Rails, Elasticsearch, Kafka, and Heroku.
- Experience managing and automating AWS deployments.
- Experience with Docker or containerization technology.
- Experience in building dashboards and aggregating metrics.
- Experience with security requirements required in cloud
- Elasticsearch and Kafka are nice to have.
- Prior pairing or mentoring experience.Our Commitment to
Inclusivity and DiversityAt G2, we are committed to creating an
inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background
can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard
to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic
information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental
disability status. Learn more about our commitments here
Keywords: G2, Indianapolis , Senior Cloud Engineer, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!