Company: Path Engineering
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Path Engineering LLC (a staffing agency with years of experience
helping companies with high-volume hiring needs) is posting this
job on behalf of Gibson Abrasive Equipment, LLC. Engineering
ManagerPay Range $85,000 - $95,000CURRENT SITUATIONGibson Abrasive
Equipment is an established and growing OEM of shot-blast and wheel
metal finishing industry for world-wide applications.CURRENT NEEDWe
are seeking an Engineering Manager who will hold direct
responsibility for leading a team of Engineers, Designers and
Interns in the creation and improvement of standard and custom
machine design and the necessary material handling systems that
supports our equipment.KEY RESPONSIBILITIESGate Keeper
- Ensure that all required questions are answered, prior to
beginning any design task.
- Ensure we have enough hours to complete the design task.
- Ensure the Engineering and Design team is properly
- Ensure that all necessary and required tools are available for
the Engineering and Design Team.Management
- Ensure projects are assigned to the appropriate skilled
- Ensure the design solutions are not only simple but also meet
or exceed customer's expectations for functionality and
- Ensure the Engineers and Designers are staying on schedule, if
not make sure the correct revised hours are agreed to by
- Ensure all Drawings and Bills of Materials are correct.
- Help the Team develop solutions to all identified
- Optimize team productivity.
- Maintain a Quality Standard consistent with Company
- Develop and maintain quality assurance manual for the Design
- Develop and maintain work flows and procedures for the
- Develop and maintain "design standards" for all product
- Weekly (minimum) in-process reviews with individual design and
electrical engineering staff members.
- Critically review final designs to confirm high quality
deliverable to manufacturing.Documentation
- Ensure all Designs, Design Changes and proper Bills of
Materials are recorded.
- Standardize all required drawings.
- Accurate and timely execution of ECN's (Engineering change
- Accurate and timely execution of MCO's (Manufacturing change
- Develop and maintain quality assurance manualInnovation
- Adapt any appropriate Customer design ideas into standard
- Assist Product Management in "new" product development
- Assist Product management with estimating man hours for new
- Communicate with Staff and Management on a regular basis, to
lead, challenge, attain success in accomplishing company
- Communicate with Customers and Suppliers as required in
selling, design development and equipment implementation.
- Create Presentations as required for internal and external
- Develop himself and Staff to maintain the skills and knowledge
required to accomplish the above listed responsibilities.Essential
Skills and Experience
- Track record of success leading teams in
- Solid employment history and a passion for driving a team of
staff talent to the next level.
- Experience in machine controls, electrical systems, PLC and HMI
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Inventor software and Vault Data
Management.You should be proficient in:
- CAD Software
- PLC Programming Experience
- Experience in a Manufacturing EnvironmentMachines &
technologies you'll use:
- HMISalary info:$40 - $45 / hr
Keywords: Path Engineering, Indianapolis , Engineering Manager, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...