Company: Ford Motor Company
Posted on: May 28, 2023
In this position...
Provide technical leadership to multiple product lines within Ford Pro.
Help business partners understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and releases.
Design and deliver industry-leading products and services to maximize value and productivity for commercial customers.
What you'll do...
Ensures engineering excellence (e.g. best practices and quality) is achieved within product group.
Collaborates with other Product Line Anchors to reduce complexity across the portfolio, enhance interoperability between services, and make key design decisions across the portfolio.
Provide thought leadership for the development, structure, technology, and tools used within Ford Pro.
Innovate and operate with an iterative, agile and user-centric perspective.
Clearly communicate technology strategy and vision to team members and internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- Experience 5+ years with progressive responsibilities in Software Engineering, Architecture and Agile Framework.
- Must be able to operationalize and assist teams with abstract technology concepts.
- Strong demonstrated competencies on cloud and digital platforms.
- Strong communication, collaborative, and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to work closely with senior leadership.
- Strong personal presence and capabilities to resolve technical concerns.
- Experience with cloud services and platform knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to drive development of highly technical technology services and capabilities.
- Experience with Lean methodology & eXtreme Programming.
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to drive API economy and solutions
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to drive highly available consumer ready Internet properties and technical platforms.
- Experience collaborating with engineers, designers, and product owners.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to the audience
- Ability to work collaboratively and navigate complex decision making in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others.
Even better, you may have...
- Technical expert who has experience building platforms and underlying services for re-use.
- Understands business priorities and technical feasibility in order to prioritize the platform backlog, identify dependencies, and manage risks.
- Ability to jump in and assist product lines and product teams to resolve technical blockers.
- Focus on delivering product value through reusable services and technologies that other product teams can leverage.
- Initiates or translates the product road map into manageable product features in the backlog through quarterly scoping sessions.
- Work hands-on with the product teams to prioritize, plan, and deliver the platform foundations capabilities.
- Attends Ford Pro Technology councils and cascades relevant information to appropriate members of their product line.
- Identifies areas within software delivery process and application ecosystem that require cohesion across the platform and addresses them through common engineering policies.
- Assess the technology feasibility of the product group roadmaps.
- Employs and/or champions Agile software processes, culture, best practices, and techniques.
- Actively works to identify and remove/ mitigate risks and blockers to product delivery.
- Assesses the overall health of the product and prompts key decisions to move it forward.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder---or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
--- Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
--- Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
--- Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
--- Tuition assistance
--- Established and active employee resource groups
--- Paid time off for individual and team community service
--- A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day
--- Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Requisition ID : 9340
In this position...
Keywords: Ford Motor Company, Indianapolis , Engineering Lead, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
here to apply!