Posted on: September 15, 2018
Safety & Environmental:
- For all work and where necessary supporting address any safety & environmental concerns. Dedicatedly take safety & environmental issues into account on all activities as described herein.
- Support equipment owner/user to complete CMMS data entry forms.
- Provide support to process engineer to review CMMS data entry forms for standardization, completeness, accuracy, and change control requirements.
- Maintain data integrity in the CMMS data for area of responsibility.
Equipment Criticality Determination:
- Define boundaries for equipment lists and put equipment list into logical groupings.
- Resolve critical business factors, including those for mechanical integrity, and rank the criticality of equipment.
- Evaluate resulting equipment rank level, re-rank as needed.
- Verify and assure that equipment data and parameters entered into CMMS.
- Assure that vital equipment and process information are available to perform RCFA and equipment criticality determination, if required.
- Utilize established processes to compare and assure that operational maintenance activities are consistent with the Global Process Safety Management Requirements and the Mechanical Integrity Maintenance Standards.
- Develop appropriate (maintenance) plans based on Mechanical Integrity Maintenance Standards.
Root Cause Failure Analysis:
- Perform data queries including Equipment Availability tracking with Pareto Analysis to retrieve equipment history to resolve proper level of RCFA detail on recurrent equipment failures/downtime.
- Initiate and lead investigations using standardized templates to document and issue a formal RCFA report, if necessary.
- If necessary, select investigation team members and/or facilitate a team investigation to settle appropriate RCFA countermeasures.
- Recommend countermeasures, assist the owner/user with change control documentation for necessary countermeasures, re-evaluate RCFA if countermeasures are not effective.
- Focus on critical equipment with problem failure history and conduct RCFA's with special teams.
Failure Mode Effect Analysis:
- Perform data queries including Equipment Availability tracking with Pareto analysis to retrieve equipment history for use in FMEA's on reoccurring equipment failures/downtime..
- Use Equipment Criticality ranking, Process Safety Management, Mechanical Integrity, CMMS data, and other Operational and Maintenance information as guidance to creating an FMEA-in either an individual or team setting.
- Resolve equipment functionality, failure modes, and failure effects. Settle likelihood of failure modes. Utilize FMEA to prolong equipment functioning by matching equipment use with proper maintenance tasks: Condition Based Monitoring, Time-Based Maintenance, Redesign, Run-to-Failure, etc.
Maintenance Strategy Development and Implementation:
- Coordinate teams of operation, maintenance and engineering personnel to conduct Reliability Centered Maintenance analyses for the determination of maintenance strategies for equipment, when necessary or as required.
- Coordinate and track the implementation of the approved changes and additions to maintenance strategies for equipment.
- Develop equipment life cycle plan strategy for critical equipment. Develop maintenance plan strategy for critical equipment. Initiate and complete appropriate change control documentation. Recommend and drive implementation of approved countermeasures.
- Optimize maintenance resources and asset utilization by minimizing duplication within the maintenance and stores, promoting utilization of established standards (ANSI, AS, etc), and standardization of descriptions and procedures throughout the corporation.
- Provide inputs to resolve need to delete modify or create job plans within CMMS.
- Support Instrument Reliability Technicians as requested on the implementation of COD/MU (Critical Operating Data/Maintenance Uncertainties) maintenance strategies.
- Review and approve changes to maintenance procedures within CMMS.
- Provide input for changes to equipment spare parts lists within CMMS.
- Support work planning by providing information to Planner regarding: settling job scope, equipment re-qualification requirements, post-maintenance testing requirements, and entering job plans/work plans against work orders.
- Work with the predictive testing personnel in monitoring and reviewing equipment data for indications of problems. Investigate equipment problems and make recommendations for avoiding repetition of problems.
- Work with the process engineers and operators to monitor the operating performance of equipment for indications of problems. Investigate equipment problems and make recommendations for avoiding repetition of problems.
- Interact with operations to stay abreast of production requirements, changes, and schedules.
- Work with multi-functional teams to resolve Reliability metrics needed to drive behaviors for improved operational reliability.
- Assess business process changes to resolve need for re-performing equipment criticality assessments.
- Utilize standardized procedures and metrics to monitor, analyze and review equipment reliability data.
- Interact with OEM's, vendors, and regulatory bodies, to stay abreast of upcoming changes, improvements, or new regulations that can affect reliability efforts.
- Maintain and improve expertise in reliability through networking with other professionals, attending seminars, symposiums, training functions, etc. for reliability professionals.
- Develop, support and/or participate in the Equipment periodic reviews as requested.
Corrective Engineering, Asset Management & Continuous Improvement
- Initiate corrective engineering to improve operational reliability.
- Evaluate options for corrective engineering and effective failure mode improvements.
- Evaluate corrective engineering solutions for effectiveness in resolving failure modes.
- Resolve engineering estimates for resources and implementation costs for proposed corrective engineering.
- Provide information and support as necessary when Operations initiates change controls which impact equipment reliability.
- Revise and update equipment life cycle and maintenance as needed. Adapt and implement preventative and predictive maintenance technologies to critical equipment sets. Recommend and drive implementation of approved countermeasures. Be an asset management resource and champion to area and site maintenance and operations.
- Working knowledge of FDA Regulations including cGMP and GLP.
- Working knowledge of ISO-9000 standards, IEC standards and industry best practices.
- Working knowledge of CMMS. Maximo experience is highly recommended.
- Working knowledge of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance techniques, including but not limited to Tribology, Vibration Analysis, Thermography, Life Cycle Cost Analysis, equipment installation requirements, etc.
- Ability to make individual, small group and large group presentations.
- Must be able to lead, interact with and coach wide variety of individuals: shop floor mechanics to senior operations and maintenance management.
- Excellent problem solving, teamwork and interpersonal skills and looks for win-win solutions to challenging business and operational issues.
- Exhibit excellent project management and business organizational skills.
- Exhibit logical reasoning, analytical thinking, critical thinking, and, systems and causal thinking.
- Sense of urgency. Collaborative. Service oriented.
- Participation in departmental safety meeting
- Meets with customers monthly to discuss project status, upcoming projects, and to give/receive feedback
- 8-hr. shift. A flexed work schedule is possible. Attendance at some 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM meetings will be required.
- Work is usually performed Monday through Friday; however, one may be called in on weekends or evenings if a process outage occurs.
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering
- 1 year experience in a manufacturing engineering role
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
Elanco is a global research-based company that develops and delivers product and services to enhance animal health and production. We value innovation, both in scientific research and daily operations, and strive to cultivate a collaborative work environment for more than 6,500 employees worldwide. Founded in 1954, Elanco is a division of Lilly. Our worldwide headquarters and research facilities are in Greenfield, Indiana.
State / Province
Keywords: Elanco, Indianapolis , Engineer-Reliability, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!