Senior Engineer - Protection & Control
Company: Wabash Valley Power Association
Posted on: September 15, 2018
We are seeking applicants for a Senior Engineer in the Substation Protection and Control department. This person will be part of a team to provide Transmission & Distribution facilities with engineering services required by Wabash Valley Power and the Member Systems. What You'll Do Under minimal supervision you will:
- Provide engineering services for Member Cooperatives on various distribution protection matters including coordination studies, power quality studies, specifications and compliance, relay specification and purchase, relay and control design and protection.
- Design WVPA-owned transmission/distribution protection systems from 12 kV up to 345 kV.
- Collaborate with WVPA and Member Cooperative personnel, interconnected transmission owners, and reliability organizations in the specification, coordination, installation, maintenance, testing, and operational analysis of protection system equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of configurations, settings, testing, and maintenance performed on protection system equipment.
- Plan, schedule, and oversee all required protection system testing and maintenance as needed to comply with all applicable NERC Reliability Standards/Criteria, Technical Reference Documents, Guidelines, and other regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes protection system operations and misoperations, ensuring that corrective actions are completed when necessary.
- Maintain WVPA's ASPEN model and Relay Database information.
- Provides support to the Manager of Engineering on matters involving delivery point requirements and any associated Transmission or Distribution facilities including an engineering review of current and any future Wabash Valley Transmission & Distribution Agreements with power suppliers, transmission owners, and distributed generation project owners.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned. About You You love to exceed expectations, apply systems thinking to generate solutions and promptly respond to members' requests. You love working with people both colleagues and members in a member-focused cooperative environment. You take a diagnostic approach to understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited institution required.
- 7+ years of progressive experience in electric utility protection and controls required.
- Proficient with ASPEN OneLiner and Relay Database required.
- Experience with settings development on various SEL Relays including but not limited to SEL-351S, -387, 487E as well as various ABB and GE relays
- PE license preferred. About Us We are a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of electricity to our owner-members. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, we were created out of the need for reliable, affordable electricity in America's heartland. Our members are 23 electric distribution cooperatives (which makes us a co-op of co-ops), and their members include over 300,000 homes, businesses and farms in Indiana, Illinois and Missouri. As a not-for-profit co-op, our members are our owners, so we aren't influenced by shareholders and old practices. We are guided by the seven cooperative principles that govern all co-ops and values that are important to us, like teamwork and putting family first. We are a Deliberately Different kind of power provider- built for stability and growth and focused on the future. And that's good news for the people and businesses who depend on us. Our company is big enough to provide training and professional development to further your career goals, yet small enough that you can maintain a personal connection with fellow employees. Employees are our most valuable assets, so we put employees first by offering an excellent benefits package, wellness benefits, and we throw in some fun activities along the way.Keywords:protection engineer, substation, electrical engineer, utility,
Keywords: Wabash Valley Power Association, Indianapolis, Senior Engineer - Protection & Control, Engineering, Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!