Company: Sodrel Truck Lines
Posted on: October 12, 2018
We are currently looking for a Class B Diesel Mechanics to join our team! About Us Kentuckiana Motor Stables, Inc. is a subsidiary of Sodrel Holding Company, Inc. We are the leading regional trucking service in the Midwest with a strong commitment to providing the highest of safety standards, attracting and retaining highly qualified and personable staff, and building successful relationships. We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally and to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization. We are seeking experienced and motivated individuals who strive for excellence and are ready to join our award-winning transportation team. Class B Diesel Mechanic Overview We are currently looking for experienced, energetic and self-starters to join our team in the role of Class B Diesel Mechanics to support our tractor, trailer, and coach operations. Class B Diesel Mechanic Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses and performs vehicle repairs as related to adjusting/testing steering, power steering units, electrical, cooling and heating, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating, cosmetic repairs etc.
- Identify and report any additional repairs that maybe required.
- Record time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted.
- Conduct 90-day and Annual Inspections and preventative Vehicle Services.
- Maintain a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area.
- Perform Service Calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Class B Diesel Mechanic Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience working on diesel engines for repairs and maintenance (Cummins/Mack/Detroit engine knowledge is plus)
- Trailer mechanic applicant must have a minimum of 1 year of hands on experience working with roll up, and swing door repairs, annual inspections, brake, and air system repairs.
- Must have their own set of basic hand tools
- Computer proficiency
- The ability to lift or move items weighing up to 70 pounds
- Comply with all rules, regulations, and safety policies of the company
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment, random, and or post accident/injury substance abuse screening
- Ability to read, write and speak English Class B Diesel Mechanic Required License or Certification:
- Valid Drivers License with CDL, or ability to obtain a CDL within six months of hiring a plus Class B Diesel Mechanic Position Type:
- Full-Time & Part-Time openings available with ability to support a 24/7 operation over 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shifts. Why YOU Want to Work for Sodrel:
- $16.00 to $28.00/hour commensurate with experience
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks Paid Time Off per year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- 401 (k) with generous match beginning at 4%
- Option to use or cash out paid time off
- Uniforms Provided
- Tool & Boot Allowance
- Flex Shift Opportunities Available
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Keywords: Sodrel Truck Lines, Indianapolis , Mechanic, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!