Posted on: November 20, 2018
Come join us: Vernovis is an Inc. 5000 boutique consulting firm, serving small and mid-sized businesses in the Cincinnati, Dayton and Columbus, Ohio areas. We help companies complete critical business initiatives that are championed by their Technology and Financial leaders. Additionally, we offer expertise in the Cybersecurity space. How we do it: We use a resource-based solutions model to deliver Subject Matter Experts who fill capacity and knowledge gaps and complete critical projects on time. This model works because, as a Vernovis consultant, you have sat in the seat and understand the unique and pressing challenges our clients face. Here's what you'll do as a VMware Engineer:
- Support the design, analysis, development and implementation of engineering infrastructure solutions of projects and/or work requests for complex business solutions
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary Here's what you'll have:
- 5+ years VMware / Virtual Machine environment support
- 2-3+ years' experience managing and supporting Windows virtual desktops (Windows 7/8/10, Windows 2008/2012/2016 Terminal Server)
- Experience/Exposure to VMware Horizon View, VMware vCenter and Universal Imaging Utility as part of supporting the overall virtual desktop infrastructure
- Adept with developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures; contribute to and maintain system standards
- Experience upgrading and configuring system software that supports company applications per project or operational needs
- Experience applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, upgrading administrative tools and utilities
- Configure / add new services as necessary; Create, change, and delete user accounts per request The Vernovis Difference:
- Vernovis offers Health, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability, Voluntary Life Insurance, 401K, Holiday Pay and Bonus Pay to you.
- Join our collaborative work environment so that we can all do our best work and learn from each other. Our core values fuel our decisions and guide our actions:
- Integrity - an uncompromising commitment to honesty and strong moral principles.
- Collaboration - a reliance on openness, knowledge sharing, focus and accountability to achieve shared goals.
- Extraordinary Service - a fundamental belief that we are in business to serve both clients and candidates in ways that exceed their expectations.Vernovis does not accept inquiries from Corp to Corp recruiting companies. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis and not violate any immigration or discrimination laws.Vernovis provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status. - provided by Dice VMware, Windows, Terminal Server, System Administration
Keywords: Vernovis, Indianapolis , VMware Engineer, Engineering , Cincinnati, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!