Senior Bridge Design Engineer - Indianapolis
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Senior Structural Bridge Design Engineer - Indianapolis, Indiana
Ready to work on projects that tackle infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering experience to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring a Senior Bridge Design Engineer with a desire to work on road and highway projects that change the urban fabric of our community in our Indianapolis, Indiana office.
Parsons' extensive experience in this field, combined with your engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our engineers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills.
In this role: you will be working on INDOT and other regional projects as well. You will check and produce design calculations; review supplier drawing submittals; and perform technical bid analysis. Keys to your success will be your structural engineering experience in bridge design. You will provide guidance to junior level engineers on various design projects.
- Assure that the bridges are designed in accordance with approved Federal, State, and local agency requirements as well as following accepted industry practices and procedures.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- Provide leadership expertise to more junior level engineers.
- Your deliverables may include structural designs for single span, multiple span, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, precast concrete, and steel bridges.
- Provide structural specifications, estimating, quantity calculations, technical reports, and detailed engineering analyses.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials as needed.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances. Qualifications:
- 7-10 years of bridge design experience on highway bridge infrastructure
- BS degree in civil with structural emphasis or structural engineering required , Masters degree desirable.
- Steel and concrete bridge design experience is essential
- INDOT experience is desirable.
- Working knowledge of CAD, CONSPAN , steel design software, and/or other structural software.
- P.E. licensure is required. Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn't the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Associated topics: architecture, asic, chip, engg, engineer, h/w designer, hardware designer, hardware engineer, semiconductor, systems engineer
Keywords: Parsons, Indianapolis , Senior Bridge Design Engineer - Indianapolis, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!