Company: Hogan Transportation
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Diesel Mechanic - Hogan Truck Leasing
- Preventive Maintenance and DOT Inspection procedures and guidelines.
- Electrical systems including, starting, charging, lighting, and basic truck electrical systems.
- Diagnosis and repair of truck, engine, and other truck component electronics systems.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Diagnosis and repair of various configurations of lift gate systems.
- Diagnosis and repair of hydrolytic and air brake systems including ABS systems and possess the necessary experience to qualify as a DOT certified brake inspector.
- General trailer structural and suspension n systems.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Welding and fabricating g skills.
- Adjust and relines brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Attach test Instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test Instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and valves.
- Rewire Ignition systems, lights, and Instrument panels.
- Specialize In repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel Injection systems.
- Align front ends and suspension systems.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle heating and cooling systems.
- Adjust or repair computer controlled exhaust emissions devices.
- Diagnosis and repair of truck drive trains including transmissions, differential systems, and drive line components.
- Diagnosis and repair of engine systems including mechanical engine components, fuel injection systems, cooling systems, and engine control systems.
- Diagnosis and repair of steering and suspension systems.
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
- 5 plus years of experience In Maintenance and repair of light, medium, and heavy duty trucks and trailers
- Microsoft Office experience preferred
- Class A CDL License Preferred
- Must pass PM Certification Training (post-employment)
- Must pass Initial Safety Training (post-employment)
- Must pass Forklift Certification Training (If applicable, post-employment)
- Must have clean MVR (motor vehicle driving record)
- Must possess adequate written and verbal communication skills
Keywords: Hogan Transportation, Indianapolis , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!