Administrative Director of Engineering and Operati
Company: Franciscan Health
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Administration - Franciscan Alliance? ?8111 S. Emerson Avenue
Required???Available AnytimeWHAT WE NEEDEngineering Operations
LeaderWHO WE ARE LOOKING FORHigh quality patient care depends on
many factors, not the least of which is facilities management,
campus infrastructure and site improvements, and safety. Our
Administrative Director of Engineering and Operations--is
responsible for providing leadership in the development and
management of engineering and operational activities. Maintaining
budgets, making decisions regarding internal and external services,
and incorporating best practices to fulfill continuous improvement
opportunities are all key responsibilities in this important
position.Are you a strong leader? Do you have experience making
safe, sound decisions? Are you able to effectively lead others?
Would you like to put your skills to work in an environment that
values faith and people? We---d like to meet you.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop operational goals, process and procedures consistent
with clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements and
objectives of the organization, and for the hospital system, to
- Plan--and direct--all activities of engineering staff, work
orders, preventative maintenance and continuing education
initiatives required--for facility and system.--
- Prepare--capital budgets and ensure--compliance with the timing
and allocation of funds.
- Coordinate--with local engineering team and conduct--building
field/site visits on a routine basis.--
- Maintain--knowledge of applicable engineering standards,
regulatory and administrative requirements relative to operations
and ensures compliance.--
- Work--closely with stake holders--on scope of maintenance to
ensure quality delivery/service of all projects.
- Approach issues and identify alternative solutions, make
recommendations and present them in an easily understood manner for
decisions by leadership.--
- Conduct--plan review for major capital projects in alignment
with Tonn and Blank---s Construction standards and staff.--
- Report--operational risks/issues such as fire life safety or
emergency preparedness and other key metrics.
- Coordinate--with peer directors to standardize processes across
the system in areas of responsibility.
- Engage local teams to establish shared resource structure for
- Define contract parameters for each project within the
standardized contract template and clearly communicate to direct
reports and/or preferred partners these expectations.--
- Maintain--relationships with the customers and external
vendors.--WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Supervise, train and motivate staff and vendors.
- Multi-task and make sound decisions under pressure.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical HVAC, fire life safety and
plumbing proficiency, all aspects of building engineering
management and operations.
- Understanding of and setting standards for preventative and
predictive maintenance. --
- Analyze, interpret and stay abreast of complex Federal, state
and local laws and Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program
(HFAP) or JCAHO regulations ordinances and codes concerning
building design, construction, alterations and maintenance of
hospital utilities, systems and equipment, to ensure sound policy
and procedure recommendations.--
- Advanced analytical skills to work with tools, data, and
metrics with appropriate and timely solutions.
- Understanding of the material effects of the Stark and HIPPA
laws on healthcare real estate and facilities.------WHAT WE'RE
LOOKING FOR-- --11+ Years ExperienceLicense(s) Preferred: Trade
licenses (electrician, plumber, HAVC)--Certification(s) Preferred:
SMA, FMA, ASHE or ISHE--EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER It is the policy
of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees
and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an
applicable local, state or Federal law.Franciscan Alliance reserves
a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or
Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of
its religious rights.Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal
Franciscan Health is one of the largest Catholic health care
systems in the Midwest employing a work force greater than 18,000.
With 14 hospitals and a number of nationally recognized Centers of
Health Care Excellence, Franciscan Health takes pride in providing
convenient, comprehensive care for our patients and the community
we serve.-- For 140 years, Franciscan Health has stayed true to our
founding mission to care for everyone who comes through our doors.
Each day, throughout the halls of our hospitals, we embrace our
Franciscan Tradition by walking in the footsteps of St. Francis,
who left behind his worldly possessions to care for all of those in
Keywords: Franciscan Health, Indianapolis , Administrative Director of Engineering and Operati, Engineering , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!