MUST HAVE B737 and A320 experience, preferably with Gen Fam
Front line supervisor assigned over the group of Leads and
Technicians for Maintenance Projects of narrow and wide body
aircraft. Ensures mechanics are properly conducting scheduled
inspections, routine service to complex maintenance and repair
activities on various airframe types. Ensures they are completed in
a timely manner and in accordance with the allotted man hours based
upon the contractual specifications and to the customer?s ultimate
satisfaction. Will support coordination and communication with
other department Managers and ensures that Aircraft Maintenance
activities are aligned with the overall project plan for each
aircraft completion. Leading by example to ensure the department
and its employees maintains the highest standards of safety,
quality, schedule and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure work performed in the Maintenance department is being
accomplished in accordance with proper FAA regulations.
2. Recommend and implement process improvements as needed to reduce
3. Coordinate with the Project Manager and/or Purchasing as need to
ensure all parts have been ordered for projects.
4. Supervise workflow to ensure customer deadlines are achieved -
Coordinate with leads for proper personnel assignment based upon
available manpower and delivery schedules.
5. Supervise, train and develop various levels of Maintenance
Technicians - Maintain OTJ Training and records for all
6. Oversee labor hours and supervise project travelers.
7. Partner with Quality Control to support program completion.
8. Ensure the highest technical levels of Aircraft maintenance
activities are conducted to include servicing, maintaining,
conducting service bulletins and repairing airframe and engines as
required to support the overall Aircraft completion process.
9. Review tool control process and make sure it is communicated by
Maintenance Supervisor to Technicians on a regular basis to
reiterate the importance of collecting and accounting for all tools
used during each day.
10. Develop department specific reports such as master work
schedule and manpower requirements, broken down by project or daily
work plans, then communicate and hold the department accountable
for achieving established production targets.
11. Conduct daily or weekly department meetings with team members
to support, monitor and track the assigned maintenance
12. Verify that all materials, maintenance manuals, service
bulletins and prints necessary to complete maintenance tasks are
available and utilized in the department at all times.
13. Drive continuous improvement opportunities by reviewing
estimated man hours vs actual hours with the department. Seek and
highly encourage technicians to recommend improvement opportunities
which support reduced downtime and cost while maintaining safety,
quality and profitability.
14. Communicate regularly with the Leads and Technicians regarding
new service bulletin releases, safety accidents or other aircraft
mishaps to review lessons learned and ensure all are aware of and
updated with the latest Aircraft Maintenance information.
15. Ensure full compliance to the RSM, maintenance manuals, service
bulletins, FAA and other ASC requirements such as training, etc are
16. Monitor and review employee development to include formal
performance review and salary planning, hiring, disciplining and
terminating employees in conjunction with HR; informal and ongoing
performance coaching for reward, success, improvement, on the job
and formalized classroom training to advance employees knowledge,
skills and abilities.
17. Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise
18. Provide support of test flights which occur during non-standard
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. A&P license a must; Bachelor?s degree in related field or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Thorough knowledge of maintenance procedures for corporate
aircraft during the completion and in-service phase.
3. 8+ years? technical/hands on experience in a service center
providing maintenance activities on corporate aircraft; 5+ years in
progressive leadership roles.
4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English
5. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient knowledge and expertise with aircraft maintenance
activities, full understanding of the RSM and FAA part 145
2. Working knowledge of computers and related software.
3. Strong knowledge of lean or other continuous improvement
4. Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team.
5. Ability to effectively set and achieve realistic production
targets working in a high demand service oriented environment.
6. Ability to communicate in an assertive yet professional,
motivating and tactful manner.
7. Strong understanding of man hour allocation and overall
management of a Maintenance department.
8. Willing to travel domestically and internationally when