Company: National Guild for Community Arts Education
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Butler Community Arts School - Indianapolis, Indiana Job
Category: Administration (other) Job Type: Paid Job Term: Full Time
Compensation: $45000 - $65000 Application Deadline: February 26,
2021 About Our Organization BCAS is a community outreach and
engagement initiative of Jordan College of the Arts, providing
instruction in performing arts disciplines to young people in the
greater Indianapolis community. Instruction is provided by
carefully selected and trained Butler students ("Teaching
Fellows"). Faculty offer mentoring, guidance and support. BCAS has
the dual mission of providing quality arts instruction at an
affordable price while also developing community involvement and
civic-mindedness in university students.-- Job Summary Serve as the
Director of the Butler Community Arts School. Responsibilities
- Administration of daily operations including updating and
maintaining policies, procedures, and business structure to support
- Responsibility for $500k budget, including enrollment
- Establish financial parameters such as pay rates, tuition
rates, payment plans, scholarship assistance, etc.
- Responsible for long and short-term planning, development,
marketing, and strategic planning.
- Develop, nurture, and maintain community collaborations and
- Hire, train, and supervise Butler students to be Teaching
Fellows for on- and off-campus teaching. Train and mentor in areas
of professionalism, parent relations, and general teaching
strategies. Match students to teachers each term.
- Supervise the BCAS Program Coordinator and student
- Coordinate all aspects of BCAS Summer Camps, including but not
limited to scheduling (in conjunction with local school district
schedules), hiring camp faculty and chaperones, securing campus
teaching spaces, dormitories and meals, ordering camp supplies,
24/7 oversight during each camp, etc.--
- Provide advice to prospective customers re: appropriate age
and/or instrument, length of lessons, etc.
- Research and write grants to support BCAS, and submit grant
reports as required. Attend related meetings and
- Participate and support Butler University events, initiatives,
- Demonstrate a commitment to building an inclusive learning
environment for an increasingly diverse student population. Job
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree or M.B.A.
preferred. (Arts Administration or Music Education)
- Three-five years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated success in supervising young teachers, customer
service and customer relations, grant writing, and business
- Experience working with diverse populations of students,
faculty, staff, and external constituents.
- Success in working with community-based organizations with
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting critical time
demands; demonstrated pattern of flexibility. Ability to manage
multiple projects and prioritize tasks. How to Apply
Receive the latest information about Guild news, events,
activities, and opportunities directly to your inbox. Charity
Navigator ratings provide clear, objective, and reliable
assessments of both the Financial Health and Accountability &
Transparency of charities.
Keywords: National Guild for Community Arts Education, Indianapolis , Director, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!