Director of Celebrations
Company: Valdez International Corporation
Posted on: February 24, 2021
About Discovery Senior Living
Discovery Senior Living is a family of companies which includes:
Discovery Management Group, Discovery Development Group, Discovery
Design Concepts, Discovery Realty Group, Discovery Marketing Group,
and Discovery At Home, a Medicare-certified home healthcare
company. With almost three decades of experience, the award-winning
management group has been developing, building, marketing, and
operating upscale, luxury senior-living communities across the
United States. With a flourishing portfolio of more than 9,500
existing home or homes under development, Discovery Senior Living
has become a recognized industry leader in creating world-class,
resort-style communities. Discovery Senior Living is looking for a
Director of Celebrations to join our community, TerraBella Lake
Norman. In this role you will develops and oversee resident
services, including planning and coordinating opportunities for
residents that promote a level of health, well being, engagement
and growth. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, schedules and conducts lifestyle programs that provide
physical, intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual
opportunities for the residents.
- Plans appropriate programs for holidays and special
- Recruits and develops additional resources for services to the
residents. Initiates correspondence including public relations
communications with outside organizations, service groups and
- Advises and motivates residents regarding appropriate
individual and group activities based on resident interests and
opportunities for growth.
- Prepares and organizes a calendar of events. Submits the
calendar to the Executive Director for final approval. Posts and
distributes the calendar.
- Develops and prints the community newsletter.
- Provides leadership of lifestyle program.
- Coordinates the community library.
- Purchases and maintains equipment and supplies in accordance
with budgetary guidelines.
- Prepares preliminary draft of Celebrations Operating
- Organizes and supervises a volunteer staff.
- Addresses resident groups and other groups on subjects of
- Maintains a database and prepares reports on resident quality
assurance assessments, participation and satisfaction.
- Supervises staff of Recreation and Event Coordinators across
the multiple levels of service in a retirement community.
- Participates in community in-services.
- Demonstrates competence in Federal, State and Local
regulations, requirements for skilled nursing, assisted living
and/or independent living as applicable; ensures compliance.
- Develops, facilitates and analyzes resident surveys to
determine ongoing activities are in place that meet the resident
- Plans, coordinates and facilitates appropriate mixed group
- Develops and facilitates daily displays of activities on
bulletin boards and/or kiosks in lobbies, elevators, dining rooms
and other resident and team member communication centers.
- Maintains a robust public relations program in support of the
activities programming and community relations.
- Implements and facilitates a volunteer recognition
- Other duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directly supervises employees in the Celebrations Department.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate degree in Recreation, Therapeutic Recreation,
Education, Gerontology, Social Work, Adult Education.
- Three to five years related experience.
- Two years supervisory/management experience. BENEFITS: In
addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery
offers a comprehensive benefit package. Eligible team members are
offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid
holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our
outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance
Program and accident insurance policies. Accessibility: If you need
an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact
Human Resources at
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your
language: English - Spanish - Arabic - Chinese
Keywords: Valdez International Corporation, Indianapolis , Director of Celebrations, Executive , Mooresville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!