Commercial Lines Account Manager
Company: Gregory & Appel Insurance
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Description: HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL DO AT G&A
You'll work with top-notch industry leaders to ensure our clients'
policies cover their exposures, are up-to-date and in compliance.
Always keeping an eye out for legal and compliance alerts, you'll
send out notifications as needed. Working as a team, you'll strive
to continuously improve the client's experience from sign-on to
renewal. ABOUT THE ROLE The Commercial Lines Account Manager (AM)
provides support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding, and
servicing accounts. The AM is responsible for assisting the
Producer in writing new accounts and rounding out existing
accounts. The AM possesses more technical and coverage knowledge
than that of a CSA. The AM can handle medium to large accounts with
minimal to no assistance.
- Proactively identifies inadequacies and gaps in coverage
- Assists Producer with new and renewal business per agency
workflows including, but not limited to, preparing new applications
in agency management system, ordering loss runs, submitting
applications to carriers, obtaining client signatures as
appropriate, and following up to ensure timely responses in
conjunction with Producer.
- Processes or assigns all incoming items, including but not
limited to, change requests, requests for certificates, audits,
notice of cancellations and endorsements.
- Maintains current knowledge of the marketplace.
- Confirms the carrier-produced documents for accuracy including,
but not limited to, policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations,
and secures corrections from carriers on incorrect items.
- Performs contract reviews on complex Certificates of
- Prepares finance agreements and collects down payments.
- Invoices transactions accurately including new business,
renewals, endorsements, cancellations, and audits.
- Responds to client requests professionally and within 24 hours
- Follow-up on open tasks/activities daily.
- Process and/or assign un-routed attachments daily.
- Create new business or renewal proposals
- Request quotes from carriers and brokers and review for
- Other duties as may be assigned
Experience and Skills: YOUR SKILLS
You know the game. You have a broad knowledge of commercial
insurance products, usage and markets.
You can communicate with the best of them. You can write
professional and concise emails, and you're just as comfortable
conversing with clients over the phone or on Zoom.
You know Microsoft Office. You are familiar with MO products,
especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
You are flexible & organized. You thrive at both working by
yourself and as part of a team. You are able to manage your time
efficiently and ask for help when needed (because everybody needs a
little help now and then).
WHY WORK AT G&A?
Who wouldn't want to work for a company that...
- supports community involvement
- prioritizes diversity, equity and belonging
- invests in your future
- gives 10% of profits back into the community We work hard to
serve our clients, colleagues and community, but we also know it's
important to celebrate the wins, learn from our losses (and from
each other) and grow together in our differences. That's why we are
committed to nurturing our people in their personal and
professional growth, both in the office and in life.
Ready to take your career adventure to new heights? Apply today and
see for yourself why we've been consistently named to the Best
Places to Work in Indiana. QUALIFICATIONS
Don't have a college degree? No sweat! We don't require certain
degrees or designations for this position.We are focused on hiring
hard-working, talented individuals with growth mindsets. Years of
* Minimum 1-3 years Education:
* Bachelor's Degree; or combined equivalent years of education and
experience License, Certification, or Registration:
* P&C License is required or obtain upon hire if applicable
* Must be a licensed Property & Casualty insurance agent
* Minimum 3 years of Commercial insurance service experience
* Possess professional designation such as CIC, CPCU, CRM, CISR, or
* Successfully manages minimum revenue of $400,000
* Comprehensive knowledge of insurance products, trends, markets,
and underwriting procedures
* Good organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
* Ability to utilize computer programs and understand
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
* Basic understanding of standard accounting practices
* Ability to carry out complex tasks
* Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to
explain detailed issues and receive and interpret information
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude, express enthusiasm, and
* Meets or exceeds expectations regarding job knowledge, quality,
efficiency, initiative, cooperation, customer service, and overall
* Ability to work independently or as part of a team
* Maintains a professional, helpful and courteous demeanor with
clients, carrier personnel, and agency personnel
Oh, and we don't just build the best benefits programs for our
clients - we also give our colleagues the best. Some of the sweet
benefits you'll enjoy include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- 401k, Roth Option & Matching
- Flexible PTO
- Holidays + Extended Holiday Weekends where applicable
- Remote Work Options
- Paid Parental Leave
- Mental Health Sessions
- Company Matching Donations
- Tuition Reimbursement
- STD/LTD Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
1 to 3 years
Keywords: Gregory & Appel Insurance, Indianapolis , Commercial Lines Account Manager, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!