Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: May 15, 2022
The Service Materials and Logistics Manager (SM&L Manager) is
an integral part of the Plant Leadership Team. In this role, you
will report directly to the Regional Supply Chain Manager. The SML
Manager leads the activities of those engaged in the movement of
raw and finished materials, storage, production scheduling, and
inventory control activities, including transportation,
distribution, and logistics. The SM&L Manager will maintain
customer relations with regard to supply side/service activities
and will be responsible for the production and finished goods
procurement processes, order fulfillment and logistics.Key
- Lead, coach, and facilitate short-term and long-range
objectives related to the overall supply chain function
- Supervise and work in a hands-on role that will include daily
planning/scheduling, procurement, and logistics management.
- Plan and forecast inventory to include managing inventory
levels and inventory turns and minimizing obsolescence, scrap, aged
inventories and inventory reserves.
- Continuously improve strategic processes involving forecasting,
demand management, and the development of effective internal
- Improve production efficiency through reduced changeovers,
machine downtime and downtime due to raw materials/component
- Develop and implement new, effective programs/policies for
supplier, transportation and logistic management.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly inventory & service reports
as well as participate in the monthly metrics review.
- Provide project management and Supply Chain, Materials
Management, and Logistics leadership.
- Accountable for departmental budget and project results. Secure
and allocate appropriate resources and supervise projects to meet
Divisional goals and achieve financial objectives.
- Lead cross-functional teams on projects. Communicate and
collaborate with all levels of the organization. Coordinate a large
multi-function program or a set of projects. Interact with
colleagues, suppliers and customers.
- Strong awareness of competition and impact of strategies and
tactics in the marketplace.
- Use internal/external authorities in network to accomplish
- Expert in Enterprise Lean Sigma (ELS) process. Lead the
formulation and development of projects. Provide direction and
mentorship to project leader. Supervise progress on schedule,
budget and technical output. Provide guidance to the team on ELS
- Responsible for clear, focused leadership to further reduce the
barriers to delivering competitive advantage via global size and
- Actively engage in translating standard methodologies in the
areas of experimental and organizational design and development,
cost modeling and developing improved internal and external
relationships to support local and international businesses.
- Responsible for delivery of short-term and-long term results in
order to develop and maintain the organization's credibility with
the business and creating opportunities for the function to add
greater value to the business.
- Use business trends and customer needs to build concrete goals
that create competitive advantage.
- Ensure compliance with government regulations.Employee
Development & Management:
- Train and provide development opportunities for staff. Ensure
annual goals are complete and communicated. Ensure Global
Performance Management System is up-to-date and regular feedback is
provided to staff members.
- Supervise and assess team members, and adjust training where
- Attract, retain and develop high potential talent.
- Model and promote the Corporation's Code of Business Ethics and
- Perform general management duties, exercising usual authority
concerning staff, performance appraisals, promotions and
terminations. Responsible for training and development of
subordinate staff, estimating personnel needs, assigning work,
meeting completion dates, interpreting and ensuring consistent
application of organizational policies.
- Act as a team role model and change-agent.
- Positively lead and influence team members to partner together
to achieve individual and business goals.
- Coordinate team efforts, create and manage a regional strategy
and team operating plan.Strategic Transformation and Long-term
- Provide leadership to select local and/or global Supply Chain
- Create and implement appropriate business
plans/multi-generation Supply Chain plans to identify trends,
opportunities for marketplace advantage, and new insights for
products, processes and services. Direct Supply Chain
- Develop Supply Chain Objectives, Goals, Strategies and Measures
(OGSM) for assigned area and confirm linkage to global business
- Lead benchmarking of Supply Chain-related topics in support of
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required.
- 7+ years in Supply Chain Management or related experience
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of material management
including procurement, supplier management, planning, scheduling,
capacity management, forecasting, logistics, production, and
inventory control. APICS certification strongly recommended
- Project lead experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of modern manufacturing, material flow and
improvement strategies (e.g. ELS, continuous flow, cellular etc.)
and the ability to integrate those into the operation.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial systems and the key
drivers within the manufacturing environment.
- Strong organizational skills in strategy, communication at all
levels and execution.
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and
influence others in a team-based organization
- Excellent organizational and people skills, project management
skills, with an ability to openly convey information to team
members in a timely, concise manner.
- Understanding of Oracle r12, Google applications, and Microsoft
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.If you require accommodations to view or apply for a
job, alternative methods are available to submit an application.
Please contact 440.534.6080 or - -to discuss reasonable
accommodations.PandoLogic. Keywords: Logistics Manager, Location:
Greenfield, IN - 46140 , PL: 530003223
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Indianapolis , SM&L Manager, Executive , Greenfield, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!