Senior Manager - Global Trade Advisory
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Do you enjoy providing powerful business solutions to some of
the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more
than 75 percent of the Fortune 100? Would you like to join one of
the leading professional services organizations in the United
States specializing in effectively managing global trade decisions
and obligations, and providing strategic significance to a
company's global supply chain? If this is you, come travel the
world in our world!
What you'll do
As a Senior Manager on our Global Trade Advisory team, you will
participate in engagements requiring regulatory analysis for a
variety of entities and their affiliates. You will work with U.S.
and multinational companies, understand national and international
trade requirements, and align client trade functions with their
business objectives. You will also have the opportunity to develop
and pursue creative strategies using the latest technologies.
Responsibilities will include:
- Helping companies manage global compliance requirements and
realize efficiencies in their global supply chain.
- Advising U.S. and foreign multinational companies on global
import and export strategies and compliance.
- Working with clients to assess and deploy technology solutions
to enable international trade management operations.
- Supervising assignments by the Global Trade professionals
serving as Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Managers.
- Developing and motivating the engagement staff by providing
them with leadership, counselling, and career guidance.
- Assisting Partners, Principals, and Directors with day-to-day
operations of practice
- Leading large-scale business development initiatives
Our Global Trade Advisory practice is a national practice within
Deloitte Tax LLP's International Tax business and advises U.S. and
foreign multinational companies on global import and export
strategies, compliance, and technology enablement. The Global Trade
Advisory practice is composed of attorneys, operations experts,
technology specialists, customs brokers, auditors, and trade
management professionals who help importers and exporters achieve
worldwide compliance and realize efficiencies and advantages in
their global supply chain. The group works with clients to assess
and potentially automate their international trade management
procedures within all major trading regions.
- 8+ years of experience in Import, Export and/or Technology
Enablement experience (operational, government, law firm, or
- Bachelor's degree in a legal, business or technology related
- Project management experience indicating strong organizational,
data management, project planning, project execution, and people
- Business management and financial leadership experience
indicating ability to plan and manage budgets, financials, and
- Experience with helping clients assess and implement technology
solutions to enable trade operations
- Experience leading and managing global project teams
- Travel up to 50% (While 50% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice.)
- SAP SD/MM Certifications
- One of the following Accreditations obtained, or in process, or
must be able/willing to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office
- Certified US Export Compliance Officer (CUSECO)
- US Customs Broker License
- Licensed Attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Other certification (upon approval)
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Prior consulting experience
- Advanced degree such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Foreign language skills
- Experienced in business development and client management
- A self-starter with the ability to effectively handle multiple,
- Familiarity with implementing and configuring trade management
software such as SAP GTS, Oracle GTM, etc., to manage import/export
- Familiarity with global trade management software as well as
software aptitude in Access, Excel, and/or Visio
- Strong research, writing, communication, and presentation
skills, and detail-orientated
- Ability to proactively develop internal and external
relationships and effectively speak to Import/Export compliance
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing Import/Export
Keywords: Deloitte, Indianapolis , Senior Manager - Global Trade Advisory, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!