Assistant Branch Manager - Park 100 (Northwest Indianapolis)
Company: Financial Center First Credit Union
Posted on: August 7, 2022
All employees hired after January 10th 2022, are required to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination prior
to start date or receive an approved exemption as a condition of
All applicants are required to pass a background check as a
condition of employment. --- This position is located at our Park
100 branch - 5455 W 86th St, Indianapolis, IN 46268--- PURPOSE: The
Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for the delivery of the
Exceptional Member Experience through face-to-face interactions in
the organization's retail delivery system. The Assistant Branch
Manager will assist the Branch Manager in providing leadership to
the branch through efficient daily operations in all areas of
banking service. CULTURAL EXPECTATIONS
- Adheres to Financial Center's Policy and Procedures
- Acts as a role model within and outside Financial Center
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about department
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability
to prioritize workload
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties
- Meets Department productivity standards
- Demonstrate enthusiastic support of corporate mission, core
values and long-term objectives.
- Performs daily assignments independently
- Resolves questions or problems based on past precedent and
interpretation of policy and procedural guidelines. ESSENTIAL
- Develop each employee to their highest potential by identifying
their areas for improvement and appropriately coaching or training
to increase employee's performance.
- Hold employees accountable for their performance, attitude and
behavior. Whilst recognizing employees who perform at a high
- Ensure that the branch meets sales and service goals as
established by the Credit Union.
- Train and supervise branch staff. Assign, direct, coordinate
and review work performed by staff.
- Responsible for development and training of Senior Tellers and
Tellers to include:
- Resolving and correcting balancing problems, teller
discrepancies, and customer concerns.
- Training of core skill sets, cross-training for smooth
operation of center and development of staff, facilitating training
through other sources (operations, lending, human resources)
- Preparing necessary and timely documentation and feedback
(scheduled evaluations, action plans, disciplinary actions)
- Must meet goals as developed by the credit union:
- Center goals for balancing, referrals, production and quality
- Service standards and other quantifiable goals for Branch
- Ongoing successful completion of training-related exams
- Responsible, individually and for the center, for following all
Internal Controls Procedures
- Responsible for scheduling of Tellers
- Assists Tellers with balancing cash drawers at day's end and
verifies branch is in balance.
- Able to maintain cash supply in vault ensuring balance does not
exceed predetermined amounts
- Maintains the branch's Automated Teller Machine (ATM) by
ensuring it is working properly and that it is adequately stocked
with cash and other supplies.
- Responsible for assembly of work and transferal of information
to the proper department.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining proper procedures
in center to ensure above average Center Audits
- Responsible for completion of monthly Teller audits, monthly
tests of security systems, and ongoing security training for all
staff, including robbery, fraud, and check holds.
- Ensures the accuracy and the quality of the output from the
Center Service Staff.
- Able to make appropriate referrals to non-credit union products
and services (CUSO)
- Ensures maintenance and upkeep of center; general appearance,
- Lending Responsibilities (when applicable)
- Efficiently and effectively, process consumer loan requests
from members/non-members to include providing all necessary loan
product information to the member. Accurately completing the loan
application for the Loan Officer. Disbursing loans according to the
loan decision requirements. Selling any additional business
services beneficial to the member. Meet loan decision turnaround
time requirements set by management.
- Sustain and grow membership and relationships within the
- Manage losses and other risk issues effectively and within
- Participate in community events and organizations
- Expected to meet and exceed assigned goals which support the
balanced scorecard objectives
- Promotes the sales and service culture of the Credit Union
through coaching, guidance and staff motivation
- Achieves individual and branch sales goals through sales,
referrals and retention of existing membership
- Participates in development of annual budget for the branch
network and responsible for adherence to the budget
- Must be well versed in "before", "during", and "after" branch
robbery procedures. Also, must know location and operation of
- Performs other duties commensurate with this position
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: Direct supervision over the Center service
staff to include; assigning, directing and coordinating the work
and ensuring stations are properly manned to handle transaction
traffic. Works under the supervision of the Branch Manager who
provides general guidelines on cash operations, direction on center
sales, retention and service. Refers to supervisor for assistance
only when confronted with unusual or sensitive operational
problems. REQUIRED BACKGROUND:
- Requires knowledge typically gained through the attainment of a
- Must have a minimum of 2 years proven sales and service
experience at a financial institution or equivalent.
- Must possess strong leadership and management experience,
including coaching, training, motivation, time management skills,
and performance coaching.
- Within 90 days, must possess a thorough knowledge of Credit
Union bylaws, policies, procedures and state and federal laws
effecting all operations of the Retail Center; Credit Union
products and services and Credit Union processes and systems.
- Must be able to achieve proficiency on Credit Union computer
systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Proficient and demonstrable experience in business development,
as well as coaching sales skills
- Must be knowledgeable of all credit union products and
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan products, sufficient to
have initial conversations with prospects, qualify leads and refer
- Superior knowledge of the local community - industries,
economic base, culture, key leaders, competitors
- Able to perform duties of Teller & Senior Teller
- Has strong verbal/written communication skills, self-motivated,
strong interpersonal skills
- Must possess and have a proven track record demonstrating a
high degree of creativity, organizational and sales process
development skills WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work requires physical
mobility within the general work area, continual communication with
members, repetitive tasks and a high level of attention to
security. The work is performed in a general office environment.
Some travel may be required to the outlying centers and to
businesses in the local community. Assignment of multiple Center
locations will require the ability to travel between the Centers on
a moment's notice and during high traffic levels. Reliable
transportation is required
Keywords: Financial Center First Credit Union, Indianapolis , Assistant Branch Manager - Park 100 (Northwest Indianapolis), Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!