Marketing & Communications Director
Company: State of Indiana
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Marketing & Communications Director Date Posted: Nov 10, 2022
Requisition ID: 414141 Location: Indianapolis, IN, US, 46204 Work
for Indiana Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more
than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a
diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging
projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State
of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indianas
communities every day. At the State of Indiana, we dont just talk
about diversity and inclusion Our goal is to create a welcoming,
accessible, and equitable workplace, with a workforce that is
representative of the State of Indiana population. As a proud equal
opportunity employer, reasonable accommodations may be available to
enable individuals with disabilities to interview and to perform
the essential functions of a role. Next Level benefits at the State
of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package
offerings below. Agency Statement : About the Indiana Housing and
Community Development Authority (IHCDA):The Indiana Housing and
Community Development Authority (IHCDA) is a quasi-agency of the
State of Indiana and is committed to serving the entire spectrum of
housing, from homelessness to homeownership. Our charge is to
provide housing opportunities, promote self-sufficiency and
strengthen communities, in order to build an Indiana with a
sustainable quality of life for all Hoosiers in the community of
their choice. To learn more about IHCDA visit us at
www.in.gov/ihcda. About the Job: The Marketing and Communications
(MaC) Director contributes to fulfilling the IHCDA mission and
meeting strategic and annual IHCDA operational and program goals by
overseeing IHCDAs marketing and communications strategies, vision,
programs, budgeting, planning and efforts. A Day in the Life:
- Responsible for telling IHCDAs story in the most effective way
possible in an environment of limited resources.
- Serving as IHCDAs chief liaison by coordinating messaging with
the Executive Branchs communications teams (Lt. Governors and
- Annually, develop, implement, and evaluate the communications
strategy for the agency, taking into account all program area
objectives and IHCDAs overall objectives.
- Recommend short- and long-term objectives and action items to
the Executive Team. Set measurable targets and report on
- Responsible for any state-required communications plan for
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, and following a
- Responsible for overseeing internal communications initiatives,
quarterly magazines and periodic Executive Directors message to
staff. Seasoned Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Responsible for overseeing IHCDA external communications, such
as IHCDA Info, IHCDAthe Magazine, weekly external email from the
Executive Director and social media efforts.
- Ensure that IHCDAs messages are proactively and consistently
promoted through special events, sponsorships, public awareness
campaigns and other creative efforts.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all
print and electronic collateral. Ensure that all such collateral
materials are produced in accordance with IHCDAs brand standards
and according to departmental timelines.
- Ensure that IHCDA websites are updated and maintained with
content and design current and consistent with IHCDAs mission and
- Ensure that the IHCDA tradeshow display is scheduled, stocked,
and staffed for strategic events identified in coordination with
- Continuously assess IHCDAs communication methods and choice of
media to ensure they are fresh and relevant to the audience.
- Oversee MaC Departments role in the Annual Indiana Housing
Conference and other strategic publicity events.
- Oversee media relations.
- Coordinate the appearance of all IHCDA print and electronic
materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures,
etc.Mission-Driven Servant Leadership:
- Maintain a culture that attracts, retains and motivates top
- Train, enable and empower staff by:
- Transmitting IHCDAs mission, vision, strategic priorities,
values and direction.
- Respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and
insights of staff.
- Providing direction and resources, removing barriers and
helping develop staffs skills.
- Articulating expectations and clarifying roles and
- Encouraging staff to question organizational assumptions and
ask strategic questions.
- Ensuring quality decision-making.
- Anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution.
- Engaging staff in process as well as tasks.
- Delegating (encouraging staff use their power, practice their
authority and accept their responsibility).
- Conducting regular team meetings.
- Modeling behavior.
- Setting aggressive yet achievable goals and providing tools and
environment for staff to achieve those goals, and coaching staff to
- Embrace and foster a culture of continuous improvement and
participate in Lean Daily Management System utilized by IHCDA.What
You'll Need for Success:
- Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal
skills, with an ability to influence and persuade across
- Highly collaborative style and highly functional working with a
variety of individuals.
- Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a
variety of high priority initiatives concurrently. Excels at
juggling multiple requests under time and resource pressures, while
remaining flexible to changing assignments and agency
- Self-starter, able to work independently and entrepreneurial;
enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Ability to lead a high-performing team in a collaborative and
results-oriented manner. Possesses skills, abilities, and desire to
lead, develop and empower staff.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrates a high level of problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrates exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and sensitivity to the
political process and public relations.
- Proactive in anticipating and alerting others to problems with
projects or processes.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of agency information.
- Demonstrates customer service orientation.
- Required: Bachelors degree in a relevant area of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional level communications and/or
public relations experience.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop,
InDesign and Premiere Pro).
- Experience with web content management software.
- Experience in the public or non-profit sector or with a
- 2 years of management experience leading a high-performing
- Experience with video editing, web design and layout and social
- Experience working with marketing or public relations firms,
general contract management experience.
- Must be able to work proficiently with computers and other
- Some activities such as setting up for photo or video shoots,
board meetings, etc. may require the ability to lift equipment,
move furniture, and get on the floor to secure wires or cords.
- Must be able to travel for meetings throughout the state. Some
overnight stays may be necessary.
- Approximately 70% of the work is performed in an office
environment in Indianapolis. Travel comprises approximately 10% of
the job. Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana: The
State of Indiana offers a comprehensive benefit package for
full-time employees which includes:
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well
as vision and dental plans
- Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan
and gift cards)
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for
hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed
outside state facilities
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a
variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Group life insurance
- Referral Bonus program
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Free Parking for most positions
- Free LinkedIn Learning access Equal Employment Opportunity: The
State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Current
Employee? Click here
Keywords: State of Indiana, Indianapolis , Marketing & Communications Director, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!