Director of IT
Company: RCR Technology Corporation
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description: RCR Technology Corporation has delivered the
highest quality services to our clients for over twenty-five years.
We have done this by hiring the best people and treating them like
family. We have an expansive portfolio of industry-relevant
services, and deep technical capabilities around data management
and application development. We are looking for a motivated,
experienced Director of IT to support one of our clients. The
Director of IT will lead a small team to provide IT support for
multiple business operations, ensuring that the streamlined
operations of the IT division are in alignment with business
objectives. This role will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all
IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide
administrative direction and support for daily activities of the IT
staff. The Director of IT will work closely with decision makers in
other divisions to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and
support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the
organization. The Director of IT will also define and implement IT
policies, procedures, and best practices. Successful candidates
must demonstrate a solid base knowledge of modern IT
infrastructure, have experience implementing and managing complex
technology environments, be highly motivated to create positive
impact, and possess exceptional organizational skills; all while
displaying the client's values of Stewardship, Inclusivity,
Service, and Excellence. This role is located on-site in
Indianapolis, Indiana. Company is offering a generous relocation
package. Requirements: Essential Responsibilities for the Director
of IT IT Infrastructure
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development,
upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers,
databases, networking and routing, phone systems, end-user devices,
operating systems, hardware, software, IT security, backup systems,
and A/V equipment.
- Oversee the provisioning of end-user services, including help
desk and technical support.
- Manage a hybrid server environment, determining the appropriate
mix of cloud vs. on-premises needs based on cost vs. value.
- Determine business requirements for all IT systems.
- Conduct systems assessments and develop upgrade
- Strategize and oversee existing/future managed service
- Develop and maintain lifecycle/replacement plans for all
hardware and software.
- Protect sensitive data, systems, and applications from external
- Ensure that IT systems are designed and maintained in a manner
to help the organization best achieve its mission. Management of
the IT Team
- Provide leadership oversight ensuring IT staff receive the
resources and support required to do their jobs successfully,
including appropriate training to keep skills relevant in ways that
benefit the organization.
- Ensure that IT Staff stay motivated and remain positively
engaged in their work.
- Manage all IT staffing needs, including recruitment,
supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary
- Establish and maintain technology operational policies and
- Develop, track, and maintain technology project budgets.
- Represent IT on cross-departmental projects and at capital
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems
requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Develop, maintain, and test disaster recovery and business
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance activities are in line
with industry standards.
- Prepare financial budgets and present proposals for capital
projects to senior executives.
- Lead efforts to improve IT processes. Key Competencies:
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work effectively under
- Possess solid analytical and organizational capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience managing project and departmental operations
- Demonstrated proficiency with servers, server technology,
enterprise networking equipment, network infrastructure, and
overall technology troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 products and global tenant
- Knowledge of Cisco Enterprise networking equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of cloud storage/backup concepts, cloud
security, and cloud networking.
- Experience operating NAS and SAN storage systems.
- Experience managing vendor relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency with VMWare and Citrix virtualized
server environments, Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant physical
servers, Windows and Linux servers
- Experience managing domain controllers; group policy objects;
Active Directory; ADSI; WSUS; IIS; Apache; program language
scripting, deployment, and automation tools; remote monitoring and
- Ability to learn and manage complex application environments
like art management, VoIP phones, retail POS, HVAC and building
services, financial, member, and donor systems.
- Knowledge of database management and administration which
include but are not limited to the following: creation,
maintenance, backups, querying, tuning, user rights assignments and
- Experience managing domain registrars, including DNS records,
domain setups, and security certificates.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to and learn new technologies and
research and implement new technologies, while keeping staff and
senior-level stakeholders engaged.
- Demonstrated understanding of security, disaster recovery, and
business continuity best practices.
- Varied technology troubleshooting that may include Windows and
Apple support, tablets, conference call troubleshooting, AV issues,
and other end-user level assistance. Qualifications:
- At least five years of experience managing similar IT
infrastructure and systems.
Keywords: RCR Technology Corporation, Indianapolis , Director of IT, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!