Roadway Project Manager I
Posted on: November 26, 2022
What We're Looking ForAre you looking for a dynamic and
energetic company that prioritizes workplace culture and work-life
balance? A company where you can accelerate your career while
working on exciting projects & learning from top experts in the
state? Come join our growing roadway team at either our
Indianapolis or Noblesville location and be a part of our
employee-owned, nationwide company with endless opportunities!This
Roadway Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects
through their full lifecycle to accomplish HNTBs 4-for-4
performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to
the clients satisfaction on every project.This position will:
proactively manage budget, schedule, technical requirements,
contractual obligations, and client communications; provide high
level technical tasks while managing and reviewing design elements
like specifications, calculations, reports and plans; coordinate
with internal and external partners and cross-discipline teams to
address and solve design elements; manage project teams for one or
more strategic projects and may lead or work as a discipline lead
on a mini-mega project management team.Primary Focus Will
- Managing and leading road design teams in the delivery of
complex infrastructure projects for INDOT.
- Managing project scope, schedule and budget.
- Supervising, coaching and mentoring engineering staff.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships.Additional
- Preparation and completion of discipline engineering designs
that are responsive to project needs.
- Coordinates preparation of design details, plans, and drawings
within assigned task areas.
- Coordinates design development and/or assist in providing
technical direction to the scope of projects; provides senior-level
technical expertise on road projects associated with conceptual
engineering, detailed engineering designs, and preparation of
contracts for construction.
- Develops project design criteria, design calculations,
construction details, quantities and cost estimates.
- Reviews and checks engineering work completed by others.
- Supervise, develop, evaluate and assign work to road department
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline
- Coordinates with clients to define work programs and budgets,
provide leadership in project planning and strategy including
general oversight and planning, project management, project
implementation, and ensuring quality of work products.Preferred
Qualifications and Skills
- Project management experience delivering INDOT road
- Indiana Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- 10 years relevant experience
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative
engineering environment*INDWhat You'll NeedEssential
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee
quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and
contracts in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Contracting
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project
team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and
to the clients satisfaction. Assists with client project scoping
and contract negotiations.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis,
reports, design, specification, and production for assigned
- Implements the firms project delivery plan using HNTB's
Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the
development and the execution of the project management plan.
Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Performs coordination with managers on project staffing,
including, but not limited to; recruitment, development, retention,
and succession of project staff; development of plan for project
staff reporting; and support for performance and compensation
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to
assist with business development, building client relationships,
and pursuit efforts for strategic and mini-mega projects in
accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works
with the project team and marketing resources to prepare
appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal
development and interview presentations for strategic and mini-mega
projects to the client as well as general presentations within the
industry and community.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development,
and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff
reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and
- Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering and 8 years of relevant
- 2 years task management or Deputy PM experienceAdditional
InformationClick here for benefits information: HNTB Total
RewardsClick here to learn more about EOE including disability and
vetVisa sponsorship is not available for this position.#JK
#Highways #ProjectManager.......NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:HNTB
does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies.
Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an
unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that
the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will
have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without
any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person
or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements
with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter
to be eligible for placement fees.Job Type: RegularFull/Part Time:
Full timeJob Category: Engineering GroupReqID: R-10214
Keywords: HNTB, Indianapolis , Roadway Project Manager I, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!