Fuel Pricing Manager
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. Were
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJs Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
Reporting into the Senior Director, Fuel Operations, the Fuel
Pricing manager will be a working lead managing the fuel pricing
function for BJs Wholesale Club. This manager will make strategic
and tactical pricing decisions for all BJs retail fuel locations
and will have responsibility for data analysis and identification
of key performance metrics for the fuel division.The individual
will need to respond tactically to specific market situations and
must have the ability to manage between short and long-term
planning and strategic decision-making relative to site-level fuel
pricing, margin, and volume performance. Comfort and agility with
large data sets and complex analysis is a must.
- Manage day-to-day retail pricing across the BJs retail fuel
network, using a combination of proprietary and licensed software
applications. This includes assessing the pricing of fuel by
analyzing market trends and making the most cost-effective decision
for each specific location.
- Manage pricing analysts and serve as the primary contact for
pricing issues and/or inquiries. Required to manage and organize
weekend pricing coverage, including personally handling the weekend
price rotation 1 to 2 times per month.
- Provide data analysis using available databases, systems, and
BI tools. Manage all departmental pricing files and information in
an organized and easy to access manner.
- Assist in the development of site level fuel margin and volume
- Report, as necessary, on pricing data to determine competitive
market conditions and optimum fuel and supply strategy.
- Prepare performance projections to assist in earnings forecasts
and assist with fiscal year fuel budgeting process.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws
regarding supply management, pricing, and record keeping.
- Follow-up with individual stores, as needed, with issues, or
- General support across multiple business functions for the fuel
- 7 to 10 years of experience in Business Analysis, Mathematics
or Financial Analysis required. Degree in Accounting, Finance or
Business Analysis required. MBA preferred.
- Experience with SAP, Fuel Smart, Price Advantage is a plus.
Very comfortable with IT systems, strong knowledge of the complete
Microsoft Office suite, with near-expert level Excel skills.
Ability to understand and develop constructive partnerships with
functional business partners on a day-to-day basis and ability to
negotiate with business partners at all levels of the
- Ability to manage high volume of work, time sensitive pricing
tasks, and ability to meet project timelines.
- Work location will be in the BJs Home Office environment, with
limited travel.RequiredPreferredJob Industries
- Customer Service
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Indianapolis , Fuel Pricing Manager, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!