Company: First Transit
Posted on: January 27, 2023
NOTE: The following position is for a proposed new/future business
within First Transit. Only candidates meeting the work experience
requirements will be considered.
First things First: Who are we?
First Transit Inc. is a leading public transportation contracting
and management services, provider. For over 60 years, we have
supplied precision, efficiency, innovation, and all-around
expertise to public and private transportation systems. Today, we
operate in 335 locations, carrying more than 350 million passengers
annually throughout the United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and
About the Position
Become a part of our First Transit team as an Executive Director in
Indianapolis, IN. This position oversees the NEMT Broker service
for the state of Indiana.
Executive Director Responsibilities:
- Handling all contractual services, including administrative
functions, operations, information systems, parts purchasing, and
- Managing the ADA paratransit, Maintenance, NEMT, and call
- Ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal laws and
regulations (EPA, OSHA, DOT, ADA, and EEOC).
- Analyzing, preparing, and developing budgets and
- Provides leadership role to the Call Processing Unit
- Develops staff for peak performance through mentoring and
- Maintains optimum staffing levels to ensure adequate telephone
- Reviews and revises staff performance requirements
- Analyzes operational data and makes recommendations to GM to
- Reviews and conducts performance evaluations for Call
Processing Unit Supervisors
- All other duties as assigned
- Extensive knowledge of Non-Emergency Medical
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree
- Valid driver's license
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in NEMT
- Proven record of handling multiple responsibilities
- Ability to multitask, prioritize work, adapt to changes, and
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Exercise business etiquette as outlined in the Operations and
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on
role, location, and business), including physical and mental health
initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where
all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and
diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. Thanks to our strong presence across North
America, we believe in promoting from within, which means
tremendous opportunities for you. In addition, our 18-month
Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First
Build skills and knowledge in safety and security, injury
prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the
heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First
Vehicle Services in your community, you'll positively impact
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Transit!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive
to attract and retain a diverse workforce; therefore, all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles, California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer, and by doing so,
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Transit, Indianapolis , Executive Director-NEMT, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!