RN Assistant Health Center Manager - Southwest Health Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description:The Assistant Health Center Manager assists the
Health Center Manager in the operation of the center and manage
clinical outcomes, cost, and customer satisfaction in the daily
care assignment. The position assures care for patients and
families reflective of the HealthNet organization values.
- Coordinate the nursing and interdisciplinary team's daily
- Provide on-site management and clinical support to staff in the
absence of the Health Center Manager.
- Provide direction and assistance with problem-solving; to
ensure adequate staffing and material resources are available to
support patient care.
- Support and facilitate operational activities such as provider
team management, problem solving patient, family, and physician
- Identify and address staff education deficits; and to
communicate policy and procedure changes to staff on the shift for
which they are assigned responsibility. Clinical Judgement
- Conducts accurate clinical assessments; identifies and
prioritizes patient/family strengths, needs and priorities
- Develops, implements then evaluates the patient's
individualized plan of care
- Modifies plan to meet mutually agreed-upon clinical outcomes in
accordance with Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). Care is
consistent with established policies, procedures, and standards of
care (follows algorithms, decision trees, and protocols in the
delivery of patient care).
- Identifies the normal course of primary care in assigned
patient population recognizing and intervening when deviations
- Provides for and maintains a safe patient/family
- Accurately communicates patient information and thoroughly
documents nursing actions and plan of care.
- Manages own work responsibilities and will delegate patient
care effectively based on clinical support needs and skills of team
members. Seeks validation of clinical judgment from more
experienced cliniciansSupervision/Operations Support
- Provides on-site supervision of Clinical Support staff to
facilitate operations for the assigned clinical site(s) as
- Assist all units/staff with problem-solving to obtain necessary
equipment, medications, and supplies on an as needed basis.
- Evaluates staffing plans for the assigned clinical
- Assists nurses with clinical assessments as needed.
- Communicates and problem solves with the Center Manager as
- Facilitates incident reporting and variance reports to
appropriate management staff.
- Provides Center Manager of assigned site(s) with management
support as assigned (i. e. staffing/scheduling, in-service
training, off-shift communication with staff).
- Identifies operational issues, staff performance problems
and/or educational deficits on the designated shift and propose
corrective action plans for resolution.
- As directed by leadership, may be assigned to complete employee
Contribution Management summary for assigned staff.
- Implements staff development plans for individual
- As directed by leadership, may be responsible for completing
Attendance Warnings and Documented Counseling Corrective
- Participates in validation sessions as appropriate.
- Attends assigned leadership meetings at least monthlyCommitment
- Demonstrates a commitment to HealthNet's mission, vision and
values and supports organizational decisions and behaviors.
- Demonstrates efforts to discovering, meeting, and advocating
for patient and customer's needs.HIPAA
- Maintains at all times the confidentiality of any patient or
employee medical, financial, or other personal information, records
and data to which there is access.
- Views, uses, or discloses such information only for reasons
necessary to perform duties.
- Responsible to challenge unauthorized individuals from viewing
such confidential patient or employee information or accessing
restricted areas.Commitment to Diversity
- Committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work
environment, where all employees, whatever their gender, race,
ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity,
education, or disability, feels valued and respected.
- Committed to a nondiscriminatory approach and provides equal
opportunity for employment and advancement in respective
departments, programs, and worksites.
- Respects and values diverse life experiences and heritages and
ensures that all voices are valued and heard.
- Committed to modeling diversity and inclusion and to
maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for
all.Job responsibilities listed above is a summary and does not
include other tasks requested by Health Center Manager and Chief
Operating Officer.Who is
HealthNet?https://www.indyhealthnet.org/HealthNet is a nonprofit
501 (c) (3) organization of community-based health centers located
in Indianapolis and Bloomington, IN Since 1968, HealthNet has
improved the health status of the neighborhoods it serves by making
quality health services accessible to everyone. HealthNet annually
provides affordable health care to more than 61,000 individuals
through its network of 9 primary care health centers 5 dental
clinics, 9 school-based clinics, a mobile health unit, and
additional support services. HealthNet's mission is to improve
lives with compassionate health care and support services,
regardless of ability to pay. Requirements:(Please, consider
applying if you do not meet the list of criteria below. We would
love to engage for other possible opportunities or explore your
areas of skill a little deeper)Knowledge
- Requires current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state
- Requires an Associates of Nursing (ASN); Bachelor of Nursing
- Requires 3-5 years of team leadership experience.
- Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA.
Other advanced life support certifications may be required per
unit/department specialty according to patient care policies.
- Requires proficiency in patient assessment and advanced skills
appropriate to the area of responsibilities.
- Requires knowledge of policies, and procedures of Nursing and
Patient Care Services.Skills
- Requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Requires critical thinking skills.
- Requires ability to work independently.
- Requires ability to track and perform multiple tasks.
- Requires ability to provide clinical reasoning, decision-making
and clinical thinking.
- Requires ability to promote compassion and a therapeutic
- Requires strong written and verbal communications skills at the
staff; patient and family levels.Abilities
- Requires ability to maintain quality-working relationship with
- Requires ability to actively seek educational opportunities to
improve clinical practice.
- Requires ability to provide high level of patient
- Requires ability to react appropriately in any environmental or
- Requires ability to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity
at many levels.
- Requires ability to provide multiple forms of communication
(presence; touch; eye contact; etc.)Physical Requirement
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a
- Must be able to lift up to 20-30 pounds at times.Why work for
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Healthcare, Dental, and Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- 401k Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible work schedules encouraging a balance between work and
personal lifeEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:HealthNet is an Equal
Employment Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are made
without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by
federal, state, or local law.PI201471159
Keywords: HealthNet, Indianapolis , RN Assistant Health Center Manager - Southwest Health Center, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!