Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Company: Assurance Health System
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Chief Executive Officer, or CEO, ensures that the quality of
medical care meets the hospital's overall goals and mission. The
CEO works with the chief financial officer, or CFO, and the Board
of Directors, or BOD, to ensure that the hospital has the necessary
medical and administrative staff to meet patient demands and budget
The CEO will report to and partner with the Board of Directors to
provide strategic direction and operations management throughout
the organization. There will be a focus on business development,
exceptional quality patient care, and fiscal accountability. The
CEO will be dedicated to promoting an engaging environment across
all hospitals and to delivering a high quality of patient care in
an ever-changing setting.
*Essential Functions and Responsibilities:*
* Directs the formulation and implementation of hospital policies
and objectives for areas of responsibility.
* Assists department managers and directors in developing long and
short-term goals, objectives, plans and budgets for areas of
responsibility. Secures approval of and monitors adherence to
agreed-upon goals, objectives, plans, and budgets.
* Assists department managers and directors in resolving a variety
of administrative problems including staffing, equipment and supply
acquisition, facilities planning, and so forth.
* Works closely with physicians to address problems identifying
improvement opportunities and continually adjust programs and
services to meet the customers' needs.
* Conducts strategic planning for each of the service lines.
Facilitate and delegate implemented plan.
* Conducts or directs study of determination-of-need and
cost-benefit analyses for proposed new programs, equipment, and
* Reviews records and reports concerning division operations.
Assesses extent to which goals are being met and, when necessary,
directs changes in records and reporting systems, preparation of
special reports and analyses, and/or initiates corrective
* Ensures assigned functions are in compliance with applicable
state and federal regulations, and accrediting agency rules;
initiates corrective action when necessary.
* Interviews, hires, trains, directs, evaluates the performance of
and, when necessary, disciplines and discharges department managers
and directors. Assists staff with difficult employee relations'
* Serves as resource person/consultant to other senior management
personnel on specific divisional and/or hospital-wide problems.
* As a member of hospital administrative management group,
regularly participates in development of hospital-wide plans,
goals, and objectives.
* Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the
field by reading appropriate journals, books, and other literature
and attending related conferences and seminars.
* Participates in appropriate community activities or professional
organizations in order to promote the service of the areas of
assigned responsibility and in support of enhancing the image of
* Facilitates the work of the BOD by providing advice,
consultation, or reports on the areas of responsibility.
* Performs other duties as required or assigned.
* Supports the mission and vision of Assurance Health System
through behaviors that reflect and integrate our values, as
evidenced by observation, peer and customer feedback.
* Maintains a positive public image for AHS by dealing with
patients, employees, business contacts, vendors, and the community
with a high level of courtesy and respect.
* Confidentially manages highly sensitive patient, family, and
* Conducts job duties utilizing excellent customer relations and
* Demonstrates an exemplary attendance/punctuality record.
* Demonstrates the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
utilizing tact, patience, and diplomacy.
* Participates in AHS and/or departmental quality assessment and
continuous quality improvement opportunities, goal setting,
collection and evaluation of data, implementation of action plans,
are related applications.
* Maintains knowledge and awareness of CMS standards.
* Ability to assess and take measures to improve patient
Qualified candidates will have at least twenty years of leadership
experience in behavioral health and or hospital operations,
contract negotiations, revenue enhancement, and expense control.
The ideal candidate will also have a strong commitment to authentic
leadership, outstanding customer service, and employee development
as well as engagement in a dynamic and highly competitive
healthcare market. MHA, MBA, or equivalent degree preferred but not
Job Type: Full-time
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
Work Location: In person
Keywords: Assurance Health System, Indianapolis , Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!