Director of Medical Research
Company: Veterans Health Indiana
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Academic/Faculty/Research opening in Indianapolis, Indiana. This and other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Veteran Health Administration - Committed Careers - Veteran Health IndianaWe have an exceptional opportunity for a Director of Medical Research to join Veteran Health Indiana at the Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center located in Indianapolis, IN. The Richard L. Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC), Indianapolis, Indiana seeks an ACOS for Research & Development. The Indianapolis VAMC is an active teaching hospital affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine (IUSM). The Roudebush VAMC Research Service currently hosts 49 VA Merit Review awards (23 Medical, 21 HSR&D, and 5 RR&D) and 7 VA Career Development Awardees. External research funding totals over $14.5 million and Research Service occupies over 45,000 sq feet of laboratory and office space. Current research program areas include vascular biology, adult stem cell biology and translation into patients, infectious diseases, hematology-oncology, mental health, neuroscience, health services, and health informatics. Ongoing research projects include studies of cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, diabetes, renal disease, chronic pain, stroke, mental illness, and cancer. The Indianapolis VAMC is home to the HSR&D Center of Excellence on Implementing Evidence-Based Practice and the HSR&D Stroke Quality Enhancement Research Initiative (QUERI).
The ACOS for Research & Development is expected to have a strong record of funded research and experience in fostering inter-institutional relationships and building regional research initiatives. Interactions with our academic affiliate leadership are an important element of the incumbent's duties in order to advance joint program development, manifest by potential for appointment as Associate Dean for Research at the Indiana University School of Medicine.
This position requires strong administrative leadership for continued program compliance and development. The successful candidate will be responsible for programmatic growth, faculty development, research mentorship, and planning the design and renovation of research facilities. Current opportunities and research space exist for recruitment of clinical and basic scientists. Applicants must be United States citizens, possess an M.D. or Ph.D., and qualify for a corresponding academic appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor rank at IUSM. Benefits offered to the VA PhysicianA career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent.
- 26 paid annual leave days / 10 paid Federal holidays / 13 paid sick days of leave each year with no limit on accumulation
- Minimal on-call
- No practice operating costs, no malpractice or insurance
- Our employees have an outstanding number of health insurance plans from which to choose, including exceptional vision and dental plans
- VA employees are covered by the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). FERS is a three-tier retirement plan composed of Social Security benefits, FERS basic benefits, and the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). Similar to the 401(k) savings plans widely available in the private sector, the TSP allows employees to tax defer a portion of their income each year, subject to the requirements of the Internal Revenue Service.
- Continuing Medical Education allowanceThis position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening. Veteran Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. United States Citizenship Required; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959. You may be required to serve a probationary period. Must be proficient in written and spoken English. Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process Please call Michael Clark @ or email @ Keyphrases: medical faculty jobs, medical research jobs, biostatistics faculty jobs
Keywords: Veterans Health Indiana, Indianapolis , Director of Medical Research, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!