Company: Major Tool & Machine, Inc.
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Directs the implementation of environmental health and safety programs for the organization. Performs activities to promote safe and healthy working conditions directly with team leaders and employees. Recommends measures to reduce or eliminate industrial accident and health hazards. Ensures overall compliance with OSHA and applicable environmental regulations, including overseeing appropriate monitoring of facility and processes. Remain up to date on new regulations (environmental or OSHA/IOSHA) and determine applicability to Major Tool & Machine
- Review internal conditions frequently through testing/monitoring to ensure the environment is maintained for: air quality, noise, other environmental hazards.
- Review accident/incident trends and ensure corrective/preventive actions are developed and implemented.
- Act as primary contact for all regulatory agencies, consultants, insurance brokers/carriers and related vendors
- Complete accident/incident investigations and supplemental reports as needed
- Manage worker's compensation cases from date of injury to return to full and active duty, including filing all necessary paperwork and completing OSHA log.
- Maintain Certificate of Inspection and Equipment Certification files
- Participate in new material handling equipment purchase decisions to ensure safety and environmental aspects are considered appropriately
- Ensure plant security systems are kept up to date and in working order, including: key locks (maintain key hierarchy system), reader access hardware, fire detection and sprinkler system, fire extinguishers. Collaborate with IT on reader access and security camera systems as necessary.
- Coordinate inspection of sprinkler and halon fire systems
- Maintain Hazardous and Non-hazardous waste material transport documentation files
- Ensure Safety Data Sheet System is maintained properly
- Facilitate monthly safety meetings
- Oversee Safety Inspections
- Coordinate inspection of required annual crane, chain & sling inspections
- Oversee all waste disposal including recycling program, oil/coolants and all hazardous waste
- Conduct new employee safety orientation
- Remain up to date on new regulations (environmental or OSHA/IOSHA) and determine applicability to Major Tool & Machine
- Research permitting or other issues as they arise; advise management on requirements, alternative courses of action, consequences of non-compliance.
- Ensure processes are in place to support compliance, including written programs, SOP's and WI's.
- Ensure all supporting documentation is maintained properly and all compliance reporting is submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure all required EH&S training is conducted in a timely manner, including forklift, crane, scissor lift, lifting and rigging.
Excellent Benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision insurance options, Onsite Health and Wellness Center, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401k, Paid Time Off (PTO), 10 paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Voluntary Life for dependents, Educational Assistance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance. We care about the health of our employees and provide a tobacco free facility, onsite fitness center and wellness events.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: Major Tool & Machine, Inc., Indianapolis , EH&S Director, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!