Maintenance Supervisor (Job #1218)
Posted on: March 18, 2019
MUST HAVE B737 and A320 experience, preferably with Gen Fam training certification
Front line supervisor assigned over the group of Leads and Technicians for Maintenance Projects of narrow and wide body aircraft. Ensures mechanics are properly conducting scheduled inspections, routine service to complex maintenance and repair activities on various airframe types. Ensures they are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with the allotted man hours based upon the contractual specifications and to the customer?s ultimate satisfaction. Will support coordination and communication with other department Managers and ensures that Aircraft Maintenance activities are aligned with the overall project plan for each aircraft completion. Leading by example to ensure the department and its employees maintains the highest standards of safety, quality, schedule and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ensure work performed in the Maintenance department is being accomplished in accordance with proper FAA regulations.
2. Recommend and implement process improvements as needed to reduce cycle time.
3. Coordinate with the Project Manager and/or Purchasing as need to ensure all parts have been ordered for projects.
4. Supervise workflow to ensure customer deadlines are achieved - Coordinate with leads for proper personnel assignment based upon available manpower and delivery schedules.
5. Supervise, train and develop various levels of Maintenance Technicians - Maintain OTJ Training and records for all mechanics.
6. Oversee labor hours and supervise project travelers.
7. Partner with Quality Control to support program completion.
8. Ensure the highest technical levels of Aircraft maintenance activities are conducted to include servicing, maintaining, conducting service bulletins and repairing airframe and engines as required to support the overall Aircraft completion process.
9. Review tool control process and make sure it is communicated by Maintenance Supervisor to Technicians on a regular basis to reiterate the importance of collecting and accounting for all tools used during each day.
10. Develop department specific reports such as master work schedule and manpower requirements, broken down by project or daily work plans, then communicate and hold the department accountable for achieving established production targets.
11. Conduct daily or weekly department meetings with team members to support, monitor and track the assigned maintenance activities.
12. Verify that all materials, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and prints necessary to complete maintenance tasks are available and utilized in the department at all times.
13. Drive continuous improvement opportunities by reviewing estimated man hours vs actual hours with the department. Seek and highly encourage technicians to recommend improvement opportunities which support reduced downtime and cost while maintaining safety, quality and profitability.
14. Communicate regularly with the Leads and Technicians regarding new service bulletin releases, safety accidents or other aircraft mishaps to review lessons learned and ensure all are aware of and updated with the latest Aircraft Maintenance information.
15. Ensure full compliance to the RSM, maintenance manuals, service bulletins, FAA and other ASC requirements such as training, etc are achieved.
16. Monitor and review employee development to include formal performance review and salary planning, hiring, disciplining and terminating employees in conjunction with HR; informal and ongoing performance coaching for reward, success, improvement, on the job and formalized classroom training to advance employees knowledge, skills and abilities.
17. Other duties not specifically covered herein but otherwise assigned.
18. Provide support of test flights which occur during non-standard hours.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. A&P license a must; Bachelor?s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Thorough knowledge of maintenance procedures for corporate aircraft during the completion and in-service phase.
3. 8+ years? technical/hands on experience in a service center providing maintenance activities on corporate aircraft; 5+ years in progressive leadership roles.
4. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
5. Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Proficient knowledge and expertise with aircraft maintenance activities, full understanding of the RSM and FAA part 145 requirements.
2. Working knowledge of computers and related software.
3. Strong knowledge of lean or other continuous improvement opportunity techniques.
4. Demonstrated ability to manage and motivate a team.
5. Ability to effectively set and achieve realistic production targets working in a high demand service oriented environment.
6. Ability to communicate in an assertive yet professional, motivating and tactful manner.
7. Strong understanding of man hour allocation and overall management of a Maintenance department.
8. Willing to travel domestically and internationally when required.
Keywords: , Indianapolis , Maintenance Supervisor (Job #1218), Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!