Project Manager - Preconstruction
Company: Pepper Construction
Posted on: May 19, 2019
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Pepper Construction Group is a general
contracting and construction management firm that has served the
non-residential, private, and government sectors since 1927. Our
project management and field supervisors are dedicated to serving
the unique needs of every customer, with a strong focus on building
relationships that endure throughout the generations. Our expertise
is recognized throughout the Midwest. With offices in Illinois,
Indiana, Ohio and Wisconsin, Pepper ranks as the third largest
contractor in the Midwest and the nation's 64th largest contractor,
and 6th largest contractor in the Midwest (ENR Magazine). As a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Chicago-based Pepper Construction Group,
Pepper Indiana offers our employees the personal touch and
stability of a 92-year old family-owned and operated company. At
Pepper, our employees are a critical part of our success, and we
employ the highest caliber of people in the industry. We value the
contributions of our employees and are committed to a culture of
continuous learning, improvement, and innovation.
JOB TITLE: PRECONSTRUCTION PROJECT MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY:
Preconstruction Project Management personnel are responsible for
the activities that occur during the preconstruction process.
Preconstruction Project Manager's will report to the Director of
Preconstruction and work closely with Operations Group Leader
and/or assigned Operations lead point persons during the
preconstruction process. The preconstruction process can begin as
early as strategy/interview response to an RFP and reach typical
completion with establishing a project GMP and/or a bidding
completed documents prepared by the Design Team. MAJOR
- Lead the preconstruction effort for a project from its'
origination to turn over to the Operations Team to execute the work
based upon the schedule, logistics, and budget/estimate established
during the Preconstruction effort.
- Manage coordination and meetings with Owners, Design Teams, and
subcontractors during the preconstruction process, and provide
guidance/information/pricing in a timely manner to allow for
informed decisions to be made that allow the project to remain on
the preconstruction schedule and within the Owner's desired
- Actively participate in RFP responses and interviews in
conjunction with Marketing and the proposed Operations Team
- Establish Program/Conceptual Budgets from limited information
for clients and RFP responses.
- Perform building systems costs and performance analysis.
- Perform Value Engineering, Value Analysis, and Target Value
- Coordinate with the Operations Team for the development of
project schedule and logistics plan.
- Coordinate with Virtual Construction, Quality, and Safety
Departments during the Preconstruction process to gain/receive
input to incorporate into the project budget.
- Ability to lead/bid a project with completed documents and
strategize with Operations Team on competitive advantages in our
approach to pricing the project.
- Ability to level trade bids/budgets on both negotiated and
competitive bid projects to minimize risk to the company but seek
- Perform detailed quantity take-offs and scope of work by
- Possess knowledge of cost and pricing trends and develop
escalation analysis Leadership
- Promote an environment that encourages transparency, open
communication and collaboration in a team environment with both
internal and external clients.
- Provide leadership through building relationships, motivating
others, providing clear direction, and cooperative teamwork
- Communicate effectively; both written and verbal
- Provide training and serve as a mentor to less experienced
personnel POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- B.S. in Construction Engineering or related technical area
- 5-10+ years' experience
- Prior experience in a Preconstruction role with projects in
excess of $10M
- Experience in the following markets is preferred: retail,
healthcare, higher education, hospitality, commercial office,
industrial, manufacturing and interiors.
- Experience with database platform software (WinEst, Timberline,
- Experience with model-based estimating is preferred. Pepper
Construction Company is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment
Keywords: Pepper Construction, Indianapolis , Project Manager - Preconstruction, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!