Director, Contact Center Operations
Company: Delaware Life
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Company Overview: FOCUSED ON WHAT MATTERS TO OUR PARTNERS AND
CLIENTS. At Delaware Life Insurance Company, we're focused on what
matters: Creating high-performing products, delivering a seamless
experience with honesty and efficiency, and being great partners to
work with every time. Delaware Life, through its subsidiaries, is a
leading provider of annuity and life insurance products in the
United States. We manage approximately 320,000 in-force annuity and
life insurance policies representing around $36 billion in assets
under management, as of December 31, 2017. Delaware Life is a
member of Group One Thousand One: an ecosystem of businesses making
insurance more useful, intuitive and accessible for everyone. We've
made it our mission to deliver pure value to our partners and
clients. We support our partners with a distilled set of tools and
products that empower them to deliver clear value to their clients
every time. Job Summary: The Director of Contact Center Operations,
will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all
Contact Center operations, including, workforce planning, quality
management, claims and training, while leading a management team of
approximately seven direct reports. Core duties include management
and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the
customer experience. Tactical emphasis is on quality management,
workforce planning, recruiting, coaching and training. A commitment
to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development
programs enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills,
and morale. The Director's success is measured by the
organization's ability to provide high quality services while
meeting Service Level Agreements, (SLA), improving call
performance, increased use of resources and adaption of new proven
technologies to increase efficiency and achievement of metrics. The
leader in this role actively contributes to the overall company
operational targets as well as the daily business decisions. The
Director of Contact Center Operations works closely with Senior
Leadership within the organization such as Human Resources, Legal,
Compliance and Distribution and will represent the Center as the
Senior Leader with responsibilities for Site Leadership. The
Director will also work closely with our third party administrator
to align service delivery in support of the overall customer
experience. Main Accountabilities:
- Develops strategic plans and provides leadership to ensure the
organization meets established goals.
- Lead, motivate and develop management staff in assigned
operational areas. Build shared commitment to improving business
performance, and develop both individual and team
- Provides leadership and represents the Center, within the
larger Delaware Life organization.
- Supports community relations activities and represents the
Center with the local community.
- Partners with Human Resources to coordinate employee relations
activities and ensure a proactive, participatory, and engaged
workplace environment exists.
- Reviews performance metrics, reports and develop action plans
to ensure performance targets are met through the continuous
improvement process. Conduct monthly operational reviews with
- Ensures that quality standards, procedures and policies are
properly maintained in accordance with regulatory, and compliance
- Manages the overall operational budget and effectively manages
- Reviews short and long term staffing plans to drive strategic
focus of annual planning, quarterly forecasting and daily service
- Facilitates positive and proactive operations by developing
relations with other departmental groups and key stakeholders.
- Partners with product and distribution on new strategic
initiatives, such as new products and services in support of the
- Partners with Distribution on new initiatives to expand
distribution support and create an ease of doing business.
- Manages relationships relative to outsourced functions both
internally and externally.
- Provides feedback and coaching to operations management
- 10% Travel required. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Background in Customer Service and/or Operations (10+) years
- Financial Services experience preferred, with experience
leading a management team.
- Proven decision making skills and ability to multi-task
- Requires strong leadership and proven coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, management, motivation and analytical
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of call/contact center
dynamics and operating metrics, including technology and
operational performance requirements.
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality
- Candidate must be detail orientated with strong organization,
presentation and prioritization skills.
Keywords: Delaware Life, Indianapolis , Director, Contact Center Operations, Executive , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!