NICU Reg Respiratory Therapist - RRT - PRN Nights
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: April 10, 2021
We Are Hiring:
Shift: 6pm to 6am.
St. Vincent Health is one of the largest employers in the state of
Indiana with more than 13,000 associates, meaning whatever your
specialization and whatever your professional goals - the sky is
the limit. Join our legacy of changing lives every day and share a
mission of delivering high quality NICU respiratory services.
* Unique clinical environment: With 75 acute care, 12 intermediate
care and 10 continuing care nursery beds, it is the largest NICU in
* Culture of teamwork: Shine on your own, with the support of a
* Ongoing support: Continuing education and training, tuition
assistance, technology and more
* Advancement: Professional development to build skills
* Healthcare leader: Progressive, stable faith based company with
30 years of experience in delivering care and commitment to
What You Will Do:
As a Respiratory Therapist in the St. Vincent Women's NICU, you
will work in the only women's medical hospital in Indiana to
provide both a family-centered Level IV NICU and Level IV
Obstetrics department in one facility that includes a high-risk
labor and delivery unit. You will be providing
best-in-care-practices to a newborn experiencing prematurity, a
birth defect or the critically ill neonate.
* Assess patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment
and develop a plan of care based on diagnosis.
* Implement and monitor patient care plan and equipment. Monitor,
record and communicate patient condition. Perform advanced
respiratory care modalities.
* Evaluate respiratory practice, administration of medications, and
treatment based on patient outcome.
* Educate the patient and family about the health condition and
provide information about community support groups and other
* Respond to emergency resuscitation team code.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
* One or more of the following required:
* Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the Indiana
Respiratory Care Committee obtained prior to hire date or job
* Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed
from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date.
* Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) preferred.
* Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support preferred.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
* Level 3 NICU or above
Why Join Our Team:
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana,
Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in
healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals - in
addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices,
rehabilitation centers and more - and offer careers in a wide range
of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life
balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development
opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally
and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a
diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who
are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all
- especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an
immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4
billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community
benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates
and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of
ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites
of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living
facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and
Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair
and impartial consideration without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation,
age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data,
or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Right to Work
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Indianapolis , NICU Reg Respiratory Therapist - RRT - PRN Nights, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!