Director of Nursing - Traveler
Company: Corizon Health
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. Its a calling.By
choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the
opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being,
and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a
pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health
professional, you have access to the resources and support to
enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career
potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an
underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon
Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical
expertise.Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Director of
Nursing (DON):This role requires travel for support of correctional
- Provide quality oversight in collaboration with site, regional
and corporate leadership. Provide clinical supervision to nursing
- Evaluate patient care delivery processes on a regular,
systematic and frequent basis. Provide written reports to regional
team and client as scheduled or requested.
- Facilitate the development of site performance improvement
plans and monitor site progress and reporting.
- Collaborate with site leadership and client to meet the goals
of the service contract in conjunction with regional
- Coordinate and monitor orientation and onboarding activities
for new hires and staff that have moved into a different role.
- Interpret regulations and standards and communicate site and
unit performance objectives to staff.
- Develop monthly schedules for nursing staff and nursing support
staff and ensure that enough nursing staff is scheduled on each
shift with the appropriate skill level.
- Conduct at minimum monthly staff meetings in collaboration with
- Act as a liaison with other operating units, agencies and
outside officials. Ensure nursing records
- Support Company Initiatives and the application of best
practices in the clinical settings. Assist in completion of special
projects on an as needed basis. Work with others to determine where
resource support should be allocated. Participate in the monthly
Regional DON calls, initiatives and activities. Perform other
duties as assigned.Corizon Benefits
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Graduate of an Accredited Nursing School required.
- Current, unrestricted, non-probationary status license as a
Registered Nurse in the state(s) where the position is
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR Certification at the Medical
Professional Level with AED Training.
- Specialty certification in correctional healthcare is desired
(Certified Correctional Health Professional: CCHP, Certified
Correctional Health Professional Nurse: CCHP-RN).
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in a healthcare
setting, with correctional healthcare experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, Sharepoint and PowerPoint
- Previous experience and knowledge in working with Electronic
Medical Record systems is required.
- Maintain current licensure and certification(s) required to
perform role/job.A background check, security clearance and drug
screening are required for this role.Corizon Health is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal
and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions without regard to race, gender,
national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability,
Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including
Keywords: Corizon Health, Indianapolis , Director of Nursing - Traveler, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!