Emergency Room Paramedic
Company: Franciscan Health Indianapolis
Posted on: May 6, 2021
WHAT WE NEEDEfficient emergency room techsWHO WE ARE LOOKING
FORThere's a lot going on in an emergency department. Patients need
triage. The environment must be kept clean and hazard free. Waiting
rooms must be monitored. And nearly everyone there is at a fairly
high level of stress. The Emergency Department Technician steps in
and calmly handles all these duties and more.Can you stay calm and
focus in emergency situations? Are you able to analyze a situation
and follow proper procedures to handle it? Are you good at helping
others compassionately? Would you like to administer patient care
in a faith-based environment? We have a special place to utilize
your skills.WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with CPR on full arrest patients.
- Complete assignments and reports to the responsible nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital safety plan and acts
accordingly during codes/drills.
- Gather equipment to start an IV when requested (secure IV pump,
tubing, IV start kit, IV catheter).
- Label and transport specimens to the laboratory.
- Orient patient/family to surroundings and instruct on how to
call for assistance.
- Performs EKGs
- Perform hand washing between patient contact.
- Perform wound care and prepare the patient for wound
- Properly identify patient before providing care.
- Provide equipment for lumbar puncture, Central line, I.V.
insertion, and chest tube insertion.
- Receive report/instructions from the nurse before rendering any
direct patient care.WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Adapt to high volume and high stress areas.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, hardware, and
communication devices to perform tasks.
- Knowledge of biohazard waste procedures.
- Customer service skills.
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Emergency Response and Preparedness.
- Equipment maintenance and repair.
- Handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNREC, and JCAHO safety codes,
regulations, and requirements.
- Prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Show sincere interest in others and their concerns.
- Time management.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERIt is the policy of
Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees
and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an
applicable local, state or Federal law.--Franciscan Alliance
reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state
or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise
of its religious rights.--Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal
A trusted leader in healthcare. Twelve hospitals. Numerous medical
practices. Nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
All focused on providing care for everyone who comes through our
doors. Our Healing Ministry Throughout our 12 hospitals and many
medical practices, we offer a number of nationally recognized
Centers of Health Care Excellence. For 140 years, Franciscan
Alliance has stayed true to our founding mission to care for
everyone who comes through our doors. We treat our patients with
the best possible care by following the guiding ethical values
embodied by our founding congregation, the Sisters of St. Francis
of Perpetual Adoration. Always mindful of our Christian stewardship
to the Roman Catholic Church, we minister with joy, care and
compassion according to the ideals of St. Francis of Assisi and our
founder, Mother Maria Theresia Bonzel. Our healthcare system
carries forth Christ's healing ministry and strengthens the
Catholic health care mission by:
- Providing a broad, coordinated continuum of health care
services with an emphasis on improving the health of persons and
- Treating the mind, body and spirit with holistic and
comprehensive medical options.
- Developing creative structures for health care delivery.
- Being advocates for those in need.
- Identifying and developing our sisters and laity for Franciscan
Keywords: Franciscan Health Indianapolis, Indianapolis , Emergency Room Paramedic, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!