Occupational Therapist - PRN
Company: Community Rehabilitation Hospital South
Posted on: November 22, 2021
DescriptionCommunity Rehabilitation Hospital South is a 44-bed
inpatient rehabilitation hospital on the south side of
Indianapolis, a patient focused, specialized rehabilitation
hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who
have experienced a loss of function due to an injury or illness
such as brain and spinal cord injury, stroke, burns, amputation and
multiple trauma.Job Summary: The Occupational Therapist provides
occupational therapy evaluations, modalities and treatments as
prescribed by a licensed physician in an effort to restore function
and prevent disability following injury, disease or physical
disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and
level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of
their capabilities. Responsibilities: ---
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those
patients being treated by Certified Occupational Therapist
Assistants and Occupational Therapy Aides.
- May be assigned to orient staff and students and to assume the
duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of
- Assesses patients' needs; identifies and initiates appropriate
occupational therapy interventions; and works cooperatively with
other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for
professional occupational therapy practice and interdisciplinary
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of
short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs
reassessments, as per policy.
- Performs accurate and timely FIM scoring. The population is
adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical
rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of
function or participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate
interventions to reduce pain; and makes appropriate physician
contact for intervention.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of
medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in
teaching, as appropriate.
- Performs appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of occupational therapy
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and
religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Maintains department cleanliness and safety. Interacts
professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in
the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff and
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the
department and with other departments. Consults other departments,
as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents
goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the
patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement
- Assists with orientation and in-service training for certified
department staff members.Participates in guidance and educational
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment
training and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsExperience/Skills:
- Current License to practice in IN as an Occupational
- Graduate from an approved school of Occupational Therapy.
- Three (3) or more years of previous experience in all aspects
of occupational therapy preferred, but not required.
- Current CPR certification.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Keywords: Community Rehabilitation Hospital South, Indianapolis , Occupational Therapist - PRN, Healthcare , Mooresville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!